Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SendFile & 1.1.3

Thanks

Default SendFile & 1.1.3
    Hi all,

I'll probably get flamed for such a noob question but I can't seem to get SendFile to recognise my documents. I just updated to 1.1.3 from 1.1.1 using ZiPhone yesterday and I know that instead of files being put in the ~/var/root/... its now in ~/var/mobile/...

SendFile instructs to place documents in ~/Media/Documents. Does this mean I have to create a new folder at the root directory level (where the Applications, System, var folders are kept)? I tried creating a Media folder there and placing my documents folder inside that but also to no avail. I've also tried ~/var/mobile/media/documents but to no avail. I've made sure that the permissions are all set correctly, and even tried the "Scan" fucntion within SendFile.

I've spent the last 6 hours searching for an answer and have not been successful. They all say place files in ~/Media/Documents. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,
    e
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

Thanks

UPDATE: After some digging around, it seems that the problem wasn't where I was placing the file, as it was in the correct location (~/var/mobile/Media/Documents). The problem was that I was using SendFile v0.37 on my 1.1.3 iPhone. I found SendFile v0.40-113 not in Installer but on Erica Sadun's site (http://ericasadun.com/ftp/Applications/SendFile), downloaded it, installed through SSH using Transmit and voila, my docs now show up in SendFile.

Any reason why the version of SendFile in Installer hasn't been updated to the latest version?

cheers,
    e
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)