Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iSwitcher and installer.app

Default iSwitcher and installer.app
    So now we've got an iSwitcher theme and an iSwitcher icon under installer.app. When do we get to see iSwitcher itself in installer.app. Also, is iSwitcher compatible with Summerboard?

Quote Originally Posted by randyg View Post
    So now we've got an iSwitcher theme and an iSwitcher icon under installer.app. When do we get to see iSwitcher itself in installer.app. Also, is iSwitcher compatible with Summerboard?
    1. Not sure but someone may be working on it...

2. iSwitcher is 100% compatible with SummerBoard. I've used 1.5, 1.62 and 1.7 with iSwitcher v0.80, v0.81 and v0.87. All iSwitcher does is replace icons and the DisplayOrder.plist. Now that does not mean that all iSwitcher themes are safe to use. The ones I have published are what I'd call universally designed because as long as you have one of the four apps on the fourth row (iLauncher, Installer, Launcher and rSBT) you can continue to use and mod your display.

I sure hope so!! So now, when iSwitcher becomes available in installer.app, will the themes that currently show up be usable with it, or do themes have to be specially designed to work with iSwitcher?

Quote Originally Posted by randyg View Post
    I sure hope so!! So now, when iSwitcher becomes available in installer.app, will the themes that currently show up be usable with it, or do themes have to be specially designed to work with iSwitcher?
    All the themes, except for one I think, available from the third party sources are NOT iSwitcher themes. I'm quite sure HighTymes has listed them in their own section on Installer and hopefully they will continue to do that (keep them separate)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I don't see why it would be hard for someone like me to get iSwitcher up on installer, wouldnt get to as many people but a very good chunk.

Break down of themes on Installer

Theme Section- Themes for people without iswitcher or summerboard(some of the themes have bg images and funky icons so they dont work well with summerboard). Includes displaylist.plist so that certain icons will show to allow access to them.

Icon Sets- Made for Summerboard user. No funky icons to make background images. No displaylist.plist, you have summerboard show them all, I got access

iSwitcher Themes- Made for iSwitcher. Theme will be saved to your iPhone and accessed through iSwitcher.

I plan to keep all these different theme types seperate until the end of time

Quote Originally Posted by HighTymes View Post
    I don't see why it would be hard for someone like me to get iSwitcher up on installer, wouldnt get to as many people but a very good chunk.

Break down of themes on Installer

Theme Section- Themes for people without iswitcher or summerboard(some of the themes have bg images and funky icons so they dont work well with summerboard). Includes displaylist.plist so that certain icons will show to allow access to them.

Icon Sets- Made for Summerboard user. No funky icons to make background images. No displaylist.plist, you have summerboard show them all, I got access

iSwitcher Themes- Made for iSwitcher. Theme will be saved to your iPhone and accessed through iSwitcher.

I plan to keep all these different theme types seperate until the end of time

i just noticed the iswitcher section, looks cool. add more lol

Thanks hightymes
    Hit Thanks!

I don't have iSwitcher anything in my Installer.app

Are you guys doing anything special?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PhatheadWRX View Post
    I don't have iSwitcher anything in my Installer.app

Are you guys doing anything special?
    Read my sig

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HighTymes For This Useful Post:

PhatheadWRX (2007-09-10)

iswitcher isn't on instaler is it? I don't have it in there.

Thanks..

Marc

Read my sig

After I download the .plist and put it where it is supposed to go, I can open the .plist with finder and see your version, then I click installer, and then it resets the .plist and makes it the original one agian, any ideas?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno43 View Post
    After I download the .plist and put it where it is supposed to go, I can open the .plist with finder and see your version, then I click installer, and then it resets the .plist and makes it the original one agian, any ideas?

All i know is when ever finder is mentioned in conjunction with the .plist there is always this problem. Try to stay away from finder with it. I just dropped mine in via WinSCP and everything is fine. Some others had your problem, but not exactly sure what they did but got it working.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno43 View Post
    Download the file again, select it and press +i (Get Info) Note the name of the file is actually PackageSources.plist.txt

Remove the '.txt' and close the Get Info window

Confirm you want to use the .plist extension

Copy to iPhone
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 2008-07-25 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    Download the file again, select it and press +i (Get Info) Note the name of the file is actually PackageSources.plist.txt

Remove the '.txt' and close the Get Info window

Confirm you want to use the .plist extension

Copy to iPhone
    Thanks but I did not use a MAC to do this, I used Windows and also i made sure it was just a .plist

All i know is when ever finder is mentioned in conjunction with the .plist there is always this problem. Try to stay away from finder with it. I just dropped mine in via WinSCP and everything is fine. Some others had your problem, but not exactly sure what they did but got it working.
    It might be because I use iShare to get my content downloaded to my iPhone... I used iShare with all my ROMs etc... Ill try a differnt way, Thanks
    Last edited by Bruno43; 2007-09-11 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Why the song and dance for this? Just a thought but I would guess the nullsoft guys would be happy to add your source to their list of third party sources?

Hightymes, I have your site on the installer, as I have all of the themes and everything else listed. I just don't see iSwitcher anywhere on the list. It is suppose to be there still right?

*Nevermind, I added CyberGreg's installer site, and I got it.* =)
    Last edited by Bowhuntr11; 2007-09-12 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoshi View Post
    Why the song and dance for this? Just a thought but I would guess the nullsoft guys would be happy to add your source to their list of third party sources?
    Honestly I fully support the decision to only allow certain 'reputable' sources on Installer app. These guys have no idea who I am from Adam and you know if something @#%#%'s up the person will be blaming Installer app even though they would not be at fault.

I am also in the same predicament. I've had several PM's about iSwitcher themes not working and the first thing I ask is where did they get it from and what theme is it (my themes work ). If it's one that I created, I fully support it. If I didn't make it then I am not going to troubleshoot any problems with it.

Sorry, I don't mean to sound like a 'jerk' but I take full responsibility for all 'my stuff' that I publish but that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    Honestly I fully support the decision to only allow certain 'reputable' sources on Installer app. These guys have no idea who I am from Adam and you know if something @#%#%'s up the person will be blaming Installer app even though they would not be at fault.

I am also in the same predicament. I've had several PM's about iSwitcher themes not working and the first thing I ask is where did they get it from and what theme is it (my themes work ). If it's one that I created, I fully support it. If I didn't make it then I am not going to troubleshoot any problems with it.

Sorry, I don't mean to sound like a 'jerk' but I take full responsibility for all 'my stuff' that I publish but that's all.
    You don't sound like a jerk at all, and yes, unfortunately there are plenty of a-holes out there that get pissed and whine when the amazing software the community puts out doesn't work 100% flawlessly which is of course ridiculous, especially considering iPhone isn't even really SUPPOSED to be running the stuff.

That said I think it only helps the community grow (and developers get donations) when the stuff that's out there is readily available from what a lot of users consider to be the primary source of app installations. Perhaps they don't want to randomly add sources for apps to the installer but their probably needs to be a way that developers can submit their apps to one of the "reputable" sources for review and consideration for publishing so they can be made readily available.

Thoughts?

How do i download the iswitcher themes from this site to my iphone?