Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Summerboard issues 1.1.4?

Default Summerboard issues 1.1.4?
    I just bought a new 16gig 1.1.3 a couple days before 1.1.4 came out. I just restored to 1.1.4 and JB'd it using ZiiPhone. I installed summerboard, then restarted. Opened up installer, installed the Glass Orb theme, and nothing. Nothing new shows up in my themes for SMB other than the 4 or 5 it comes with. Is this a known issue? or is my phone just being wierd?

Power off you phone then on, if you haven't done so.
    I can't recall if it needs BSD Subsystem or not.

Also did you install the summerboard link fix, it just adds a shortcut to the actual theme folder into the directory where installer places the themes.

I'm having the same problem and did the summerboard fix and the power on and off. Certain themes when installed are not showing .

Quote Originally Posted by weezyfbaby View Post
    Power off you phone then on, if you haven't done so.
    I can't recall if it needs BSD Subsystem or not.

Also did you install the summerboard link fix, it just adds a shortcut to the actual theme folder into the directory where installer places the themes.
    Well I have powered off and on, I have BSD subsystems installed. I just SSHed my phone to put in a theme i found online and i placed it in
    /private/var/mobile/library/summerboard/themes and it comes up, but i didn't see those themes i had installed from installer in that folder. So im guessing your on the right thrack with the summerboard link fix. Im going to try it right now, THANKS!

It's still not working with the Themes patch. Any other ideas? I think installer is placing the themes in the wrong folder... how can I fix that? also, anyone have an idea of were i can get other themes for SMB other than the ones on installer?
    Last edited by alihashemi2002; 2008-03-03 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Well I found the problem with installing themes that don't show up in Summerboard.

However, I'm no hacker or programmer and can't fix this other then to tell what's happening. Maybe someone else can
    step up:

The new version of Summerboard with the 1.14 is putting the themes here:

/var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes

The installer is installing many of the old themes into:

/var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes

If you install an old theme, go into /var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes and move it to /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes
    you will have this. Hopefully someone will fix this.

Brian

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bkushner For This Useful Post:

aziatiklover (2008-04-16)

Install Smb Themes Fix under Tweaks 1.1.3

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AndrewDos For This Useful Post:

alick (2008-03-12)

That worked..thanks

Brian

K thanks bkushner I found the files, moved them, and re-installed the patch and now all is fine.

Thanks all

To fix this issue you have to use ssh and change the permission of Summerboard folder under /var/mobile/Library. type in this command from /var/mobile/Library. chmod -R 0755 Summerboard. That's it. enjoy your new Themes.

you'll have to chmod the directory again every time you want install a new theme. It's easier if you install multiple themes at once, then you just need to chmod it once. The one thing that's bothering me is that SMB seems to have lost the ability to change the dock. I'm stuck with a 4 icon, regular sized dock but I've seen screenshots of docks with 5 icons, or mini-docks with more icons too.

I tried using customize (1.21) to get the multiple icons but it's as if it loses the settings for the dock. I figure I'll try 1.22 when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by bkushner View Post

If you install an old theme, go into /var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes and move it to /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes

Brian
    For us less tech-savy people ... do we just make duplicate folders of "SummerBoard/Themes" under both root and mobile -OR- just move folders into root and delete the identical folders under mobile?

BTW, my IPhone has the 1.1.4 fw where installed themes go under var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes & was unlocked/JB'd via iLiberty+
    Last edited by cd5 sedan; 2008-04-14 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bkushner View Post
    Well I found the problem with installing themes that don't show up in Summerboard.

However, I'm no hacker or programmer and can't fix this other then to tell what's happening. Maybe someone else can
    step up:

The new version of Summerboard with the 1.14 is putting the themes here:

/var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes

The installer is installing many of the old themes into:

/var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes

Brian
    Try this, it worked for me.

First I moved my themes from /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes to /var/mobile/Library/Summerboard/Theme. Next, I deleted the Themes folder (/var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes), then created an alias(shortcut)for the correct path (/var/mobile/Library/Summerboard/Themes), named it "Themes" and placed it under /var/root/Library/SummerBoard. This should fix the problem, or at least it did with me.

Basically, you're just redirecting summerboard to look @ the correct path.
    Last edited by sgt sm00th; 2008-04-15 at 06:33 AM.