Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iSwitcher v0.8x and higher

Default iSwitcher v0.8x and higher
    Updated: 09-10-2007 v0.89)
    Download Link
    Please visit: THIS LINK. There is a Manual Install / FAQ and a revised "How-To" Create iSwitcher themes

The feedback has been great so far, I knew I wasn't the only one that wanted to switch themes "on the fly". Thanks to all that have sent me PM's

Many have asked for help in creating their own theme paks and let me assure you, this was one of the projects main goals. I'm working on a guide for just that, "how-to create your own iSwitcher theme paks". There are several posts that detail, in text form how-to create themes, I'll link there here, once I find them.

I'm also working on the next update to iSwitcher that may offer some additional features and right now free time has got me by the ... oops sorry, you get the idea

In the meantime, let's discuss iSwitcher here; ideas, likes, dislikes, requests, etc.

Thanks
    CG
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 2007-09-11 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Added info about v0.88

Im trying to put the iswitcher themes from the dowload section into my phone and i am having trouble can somebody tell me how . I already have iswitcher on my phone just cant put more themes in it .....

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhone1118's Avatar
    Thanks

is there any chance of making iSwitcher available for installer?
    I am the MacBook Pro

I love this app. I'm still using .65. Any plans on having the theme previews snap into place when you scroll through?

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone1118 View Post
    is there any chance of making iSwitcher available for installer?
    YES Ste has said he would look into hosting iSwitcher. So far the only install problems are related to not having the BinKit installed. I'm working on the next revision to resolve that problem. Breezy/iBrickr installs work fine.

how is the how to coming along

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

great app... Really enjoying it.

asme here.. cant wait for the how to, i attempted it by myself, but was unsucessful

can you load up all of Loring's theme's and load them into switcher as well thanks
    Hit Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by uPhone559 View Post
    can you load up all of Loring's theme's and load them into switcher as well thanks
    Um, no... but you can!

Link to How To Guide

Quote Originally Posted by minoba82 View Post
    I love this app. I'm still using .65. Any plans on having the theme previews snap into place when you scroll through?
    Thanks - you should upgrade to v0.81. Your request, while somewhat cosmetic in nature is indeed high on my wish list.

Every time I use the photo album I think damn it! I want iSwitcher to do this! I mean all you have to do is just nudge a photo slightly in one direction or the other and it flips just right.
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 2007-09-08 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Here's the Wiki version of that guide!

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Hello All. Just want to say this APP ROCKS!!! It is simple and friendly. First time trying and I managed to do all (install Manually, and Create my Own first theme). Also, just an FYI that if you have Stuffit Deluxe, you can Zip the theme with this. If anyone is interested, I will upload my homemade thme. Thanks again for this GREAT APP!!!!

Ps. I Do Not Do Windoze
    Last edited by stadler; 2007-09-08 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I love this app, but it would be nice for an easier way to load them.

Also the ability to download through the app or Installer would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by stadler View Post
    Hello All. Just want to say this APP ROCKS!!! It is simple and friendly. First time trying and I managed to do all (install Manually, and Create my Own first theme). Also, just an FYI that if you have Stuffit Deluxe, you can Zip the theme with this. If anyone is interested, I will upload my homemade thme. Thanks again for this GREAT APP!!!!

Ps. I Do Not Do Windoze
    Wow! that's great to know. Maybe the Windows version will work for, um, well Windows users

Quote Originally Posted by PhatheadWRX View Post
    I love this app, but it would be nice for an easier way to load them.

Also the ability to download through the app or Installer would be amazing.
    Dude, come on... I made them into pxl packages that run on both Mac and Windows computers... do I need to stop by a load them on your phone myself! just messin with yah... Actually two things...

1. Who knows what will happen with Installer app..... nuff said
    2. Pxl is flippin rockin. I installed the Safari plugin, surfed to the pxl page, selected that new Mines game, installed it right from Safari. Very cool indeed! If the Mines game can work that way there's no reason any other pxl package (wait what did I say I made my theme paks with? Oh yeah they are pxl packages.... ) like a theme pak!
    Alright now leave me alone so I can make some more tweaks to iSwitcher...

what safari plugin are you talking about?

and are you saying that we can upload individual themes as pxl packages via breezy

or

we could upload pxl package to a server, browse to the file from safari on iphone, and install just like that?

well finally figured out how to install with breezy first of all, it ws so easy it almost made me feel stupid.. I can hack resources for themes in osx and windows but finding out how to use that program was hard.

THIS APP IS THE BEST THING TO HIT THE iPhone TO DATE...

Kudos to you Greg

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    The feedback has been great so far, I knew I wasn't the only one that wanted to switch themes "on the fly". Thanks to all that have sent me PM's

Many have asked for help in creating their own theme paks and let me assure you, this was one of the projects main goals. I'm working on a guide for just that, "how-to create your own iSwitcher theme paks". There are several posts that detail, in text form how-to create themes, I'll link there here, once I find them.

I'm also working on the next update to iSwitcher that may offer some additional features and right now free time has got me by the ... oops sorry, you get the idea

In the meantime, let's discuss iSwitcher here; ideas, likes, dislikes, requests, etc.

Thanks
    CG
    http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4378

i made that thread maybe u should take a look at it
    Last edited by iphonejeff; 2007-09-08 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by speedemonV12 View Post
    what safari plugin are you talking about?

and are you saying that we can upload individual themes as pxl packages via breezy

or

we could upload pxl package to a server, browse to the file from safari on iphone, and install just like that?
    Frakin' yes and yes Well okay, wait you are saying upload. Let me clarify, so a developer of an iSwitcher theme could publish the pxl theme and then you, (the end user) could browse with Safari on your iPhone, download it and install it. Bingo, bango, bongo. There's no re-downloading, uninstalling first, (no messing with some closed source installation app) no muss no fuss. Once downloaded and installed it's there in iSwitcher until you uninstall it.

And you guys were wondering why I was so jazzed about Breezy / iBrickr... nice!

Edit: THIS IS VERY COOL

Quote Originally Posted by iphonejeff View Post
    Good idea for some other app, not iSwitcher

iSwitcher could install a theme based lock wallpaper, that would be quite easy but no-go on the timed rotating thing-a-mahjig

At some point we should start talking about the other graphic images that can be installed with iSwitcher. Basically any image, strike that, any file. My main concern is let's say we have this bitchin Transformer theme, full blown, slider, carrier logo, wallpaper, message badges, ringer indicator, ringtones, system sounds, battery images, etc. Great, now what happens when you want to install a nice simple theme like Prado, (great looking by the way). It will look like some third grader ransacked your iPhone.

So the right way to implement this kind of feature is to reload ALL the OEM png images BEFORE installing each new theme. I'm not real big on this idea but it is why I always include the OEM theme in all of the iSwitcher packages.
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 2007-09-08 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

is there any new iswitcher coming out soon?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    Frakin' yes and yes Well okay, wait you are saying upload. Let me clarify, so a developer of an iSwitcher theme could publish the pxl theme and then you, (the end user) could browse with Safari on your iPhone, download it and install it. Bingo, bango, bongo. There's no re-downloading, uninstalling first, (no messing with some closed source installation app) no muss no fuss. Once downloaded and installed it's there in iSwitcher until you uninstall it.

And you guys were wondering why I was so jazzed about Breezy / iBrickr... nice!

Edit: THIS IS VERY COOL

Good idea for some other app, not iSwitcher

iSwitcher could install a theme based lock wallpaper, that would be quite easy but no-go on the timed rotating thing-a-mahjig

At some point we should start talking about the other graphic images that can be installed with iSwitcher. Basically any image, strike that, any file. My main concern is let's say we have this bitchin Transformer theme, full blown, slider, carrier logo, wallpaper, message badges, ringer indicator, ringtones, system sounds, battery images, etc. Great, now what happens when you want to install a nice simple theme like Prado, (great looking by the way). It will look like some third grader ransacked your iPhone.

So the right way to implement this kind of feature is to reload ALL the OEM png images BEFORE installing each new theme. I'm not real big on this idea but it is why I always include the OEM theme in all of the iSwitcher packages.

what about just the backround image?
    Last edited by iphonejeff; 2007-09-08 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by iphonejeff View Post
    is there any new iswitcher coming out soon?

what about just the backround image?
    Ah, gotcha. I like where you are going. That would be great for SummerBoard users. I don't use it but there's no reason to keep it out of the next release.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast