Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iSwitcher v0.8x and higher

i was just trying to manually install iSwitcher. i copied everything via FTP, until i got to the root folder, i can no longer connect to my iPhone at ALL via FTP. HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by aznboii View Post
    do we have to rename to .pxl how about .thm? Where are your themes located?
    If you want to install the theme using iBrickr or Breezy, yes

If you are going to manually install, then no you can keep the folder named as .thm

Themes are located in /var/root/Media/Themes

Quote Originally Posted by rajfantastic View Post
    i was just trying to manually install iSwitcher. i copied everything via FTP, until i got to the root folder, i can no longer connect to my iPhone at ALL via FTP. HELP!
    I have no idea what you could have done, sorry. Honestly though, it would be a good idea to use one of the three Installers I support

What version are you trying to install, that will tell me what /bin or /usr/bin files you were trying to install.

If you have installer app installed (doesn't everyone?) you can re-install the BSD and / or the ssh aps.

Good luck
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 2007-09-16 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i reinstalled BSD and that seemed to fix it, although i had to do it several times.

also, iSwitcher is NOT in installer.app

i reinstalled BSD and that seemed to fix it, although i had to do it several times.

next time, try using launchctl and stop and restart the com.openssh.sshd service. Or restart the shell.
    Best Regards

It IS if you add my source

...and it is available for both Windows and Mac's w/iBrickr and Breezy. Next you'll want me to come over and install it for you
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 2007-09-16 at 06:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

i dont see the new iswitcher on ibrickr

Quote Originally Posted by iphonejeff View Post
    i dont see the new iswitcher on ibrickr
    that's not my site... click the iSwitcher link in my signature to grab the 'official' release from the Google page.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    that's not my site... click the iSwitcher link in my signature to grab the 'official' release from the Google page.
    nice!! i love it!!

thanks Greg!

just an fyi...in the tutorial to make themes and install them it says to use the ditto command and whatnot for osx...

thought i'd let you know i'm in windows and instead of running the ditto command(which i obviously can't do) i just right-clicked and made a new compressed folder named properly and put my icons in that and it worked perfectly ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by rianbattle View Post
    just an fyi...in the tutorial to make themes and install them it says to use the ditto command and whatnot for osx...

thought i'd let you know i'm in windows and instead of running the ditto command(which i obviously can't do) i just right-clicked and made a new compressed folder named properly and put my icons in that and it worked perfectly ^_^
    Thanks, when I update the guide I'll add that in. I thought I put in that Stuffit for Windows works too.

What version of Windows are you running?

was wondering if the original theme stored in the one folder is not the original theme i am currently using how would i change it????? thanx

Quote Originally Posted by riassan View Post
    was wondering if the original theme stored in the one folder is not the original theme i am currently using how would i change it????? thanx
    I'm not sure I understand but if you want to force iSwitcher to make a new backup, remove this file:

/var/root/Media/Themes/1.thm/DisplayOrder.plist

Then the next time iSwitcher loads a theme it will backup your current set of icons into the 1.thm folder.

Hope that helps

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CyberGreg For This Useful Post:

riassan (2007-09-18)

yup that is what i meant exactly b/c current back up in that file isn't current theme in use before using iswitcher! thanx, gracias

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345