Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iSwitcher v0.8x and higher

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezcollector View Post
    ok now the issue im having is when I check the files about to be installed

instead of say /var/root/media/Themes/leopard.thm

it says /var/root/media/Themes/leopard.thm.pxl

why is it adding that .pxl at the end of it..

Im one step away from putting up a leopard theme I have worked for hours to complete..

thanks in advance greg

Brett
    Look in your pxl package folder and then inside the 'themes' folder. Your leopard.thm folder should be in there. But what is in there is a leopard.thm.pxl folder

Hope that helps...

Edit: Clarification
    main package folder/folder named 'themes'/leopard.thm folder

So the actual path is: /ThemeInstallPackage/themes/leopard.thm
    Then once you ditto zip the ThemeInstallPackage you'll end up with ThemeInstallPackage.zip. Simply remove the zip and replace it with pxl. You'll end up with ThemeInstallPackage.pxl
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 2007-09-09 at 08:39 PM.

Greg you are a man among men.. Thanks now if I could figure the screenshot problem with dock I will be all set to upload ..

Greg you are a man among men.. Thanks now if I could figure the screenshot problem with dock I will be all set to upload ..
    I'm using Dock 2.06 and the built-in screenshot works fine. Is it not for you? It puts it in your photo gallery, then just sync and convert or rename it to thm.preview.png

Oh and thanks...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Ok, got everything worked out and iSwitcher Themes are now in Installer.

Now all I need is more themes to upload

EDIT: Just to let everyone know, Winrar zipped and did whatever was needed automatically to make a theme work(ditto,etc). I am running on PC too.
    Last edited by HighTymes; 2007-09-09 at 09:07 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HighTymes For This Useful Post:

CyberGreg (2007-09-09)

well im working on some if I can figure out why my screenshots are not going in camera roll.. I tryed to uninstall reinstall with pictures in camera roll with out pictures in camera roll

it goes thru the motions but no pictures.. and I dont know how to access the files in my iphone besides mobilefinder and I have tryed every fricking folder and cant find anything..

Its annoying cause its the only thing holding me back from releasing some themes.

Quote Originally Posted by HighTymes View Post
    Ok, got everything worked out and iSwitcher Themes are now in Installer.

Now all I need is more themes to upload

EDIT: Just to let everyone know, Winrar zipped and did whatever was needed automatically to make a theme work(ditto,etc). I am running on PC too.
    Thanks

I'll add that to the guide for creating themes.

Oh and can Installer deal with more than one theme, or does each theme need to be setup as an individual package?

PS Does your .plist (d/l link) file reflect the recent changes in community sources (2.5) from Installer?

well im working on some if I can figure out why my screenshots are not going in camera roll.. I tryed to uninstall reinstall with pictures in camera roll with out pictures in camera roll

it goes thru the motions but no pictures.. and I dont know how to access the files in my iphone besides mobilefinder and I have tryed every fricking folder and cant find anything..

Its annoying cause its the only thing holding me back from releasing some themes.
    Send me your themes, I'd be happy to make the preview for you. CyberGreg at hotmail period com - PM me if you send me email.

BTW What other apps do you have installed on your phone?
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 2007-09-09 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    Thanks

Oh and can Installer deal with more than one theme, or does each theme need to be setup as an individual package?
    I can put as many themes in one package as I want, it will install all them.

PS Does your .plist (d/l link) file reflect the recent changes in community sources (2.5) from Installer?

Well, I haven't really looked at the changes CS 2.5 has made. Is there somewhere I can find this out?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HighTymes View Post
    I can put as many themes in one package as I want, it will install all them.

Well, I haven't really looked at the changes CS 2.5 has made. Is there somewhere I can find this out and make those reflections to the .plist?

Thanks
    Yup, hang tight I'll pull it from my phone...

There you go... this is from the CS 2.5
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 2007-09-09 at 09:34 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Thanks

Send me your themes, I'd be happy to make the preview for you. CyberGreg at hotmail period com - PM me if you send me email.

BTW What other apps do you have installed on your phone?
    Yup, hang tight I'll pull it from my phone...

There you go... this is from the CS 2.5

Looks like they only added a description string. Will update mine in a sec.

EDIT: Updated .plist
    Last edited by HighTymes; 2007-09-09 at 09:48 PM.

well first theme got denied by the author of some of the icons which I respect.

Remember guys if you make themes to ask the original authors for permission to use there work.. THIS IS A CARDINAL RULE OF THEMING.

oh greg what is the proper name for icon replacement of iswitcher
    Last edited by ibanezcollector; 2007-09-09 at 09:48 PM.

im sorry guys do i make it a pxl i dont get this some one plis help

yes change the zip to pxl

how do i acces /var/root/Media/Themes

well first theme got denied by the author of some of the icons which I respect.

Remember guys if you make themes to ask the original authors for permission to use there work.. THIS IS A CARDINAL RULE OF THEMING.

oh greg what is the proper name for icon replacement of iswitcher
    That sux.... what was his/her reasoning? To be honest, if the theme is published here for download I'm not sure what kind of 'rights' the originator has. I have not seen any form of licensing, nor have I agreed to anything. I guess as long as you weren't claiming it as your own. I never do, I simply repackage all the theme creators hard work.

Now on other web sites I have indeed noticed some designers have 'rights' and if you redistribute you need to get permission.

Anywho... iSwitcher.png

Quote Originally Posted by EL LOKO View Post
    how do i acces /var/root/Media/Themes
    Seriously, this is not the thread to learn how to hack into your iPhone. Have you spent anytime reading through the WiKi's here?

PM me for more help but be prepared to do your homework
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 2007-09-10 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I installed iSwitcher v0.87 and now all my third party apps won't load. They load the startup page but then just close down to the home screen. iSwitcher does the same thing. I have uninstalled and re-installed and rebooted iPhone but still the same.

Any ideas?

**UPDATE**

Turns out my problem was with the bsd subsystem. I got installer.app to re-install the package and everything started working again including iSwitcher.

Thanks CyberGreg for being so responsive and for providing such a cool iPhone app!!!
    Last edited by Lorath; 2007-09-10 at 03:34 AM.

I want to thank CyberGreg so much for helping me along, now I have the ins and outs of theming, you will be seeing more from me..

For now here is a link to my first theme..
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4596

THANKS SO MUCH GREG.. I OWE YA ONE

Update - see first post in this thread

19. The Following User Says Thank You to CyberGreg For This Useful Post:

iphonejeff (2007-09-10)

Thanks

Update - see first post in this thread
    alright dude i got all working now ..thanks!!

i owe ya one!!

to hide the text under iswitcher under LocalizedApplicationNames.strings
    is iswitcher com.googlecode.iswitcher ?
    Hit Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by uPhone559 View Post
    to hide the text under iswitcher under LocalizedApplicationNames.strings
    is iswitcher com.googlecode.iswitcher ?
    com.cybergreg.iSwitcher

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast