Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iSwitcher v0.8x and higher

Default iSwitcher disappear!
    Hi,
    I love this application! But I got a problem today.
    Today I install tne newest version of iSwithcer and change the theme to a black theme (the theme is bundle with iSwitcher), after iPhone soft-reset, iSwitcher is disappeared! And another AP Voice Recorder I installed previously is disappeared too. Now I can not change theme any more...... And can not install any application too, because it won't show up in the Home screen.

I try to re-install iSwitcher but still can not find it in Home screen. I use iPhoneBrowser to browse the disk in iPhone, all files of iSwitcher are in \Application\iSwitcher.app without problem.

Can anybody help me please?
    Last edited by cheetah8192002; 2007-09-08 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    Frakin' yes and yes Well okay, wait you are saying upload. Let me clarify, so a developer of an iSwitcher theme could publish the pxl theme and then you, (the end user) could browse with Safari on your iPhone, download it and install it. Bingo, bango, bongo. There's no re-downloading, uninstalling first, (no messing with some closed source installation app) no muss no fuss. Once downloaded and installed it's there in iSwitcher until you uninstall it.

And you guys were wondering why I was so jazzed about Breezy / iBrickr... nice!

Edit: THIS IS VERY COOL
    wow.. that stuff about apptapp sounds great...
    1. so how do i turn a theme into a pxl file that i could use breezy to install?

2. what plugin for safari do i use to download the pxl and install on phone once i publish the theme?

3. where can i publish the pxl theme?

this iswitcher is gettin better and better.. keep it up

edit: I also just noticed something else. I was playing around with backgrounds. I currently use summerboard for my background, and iSwitcher for icons, since my photoshoping skills are not to good. i cant integrate the background into the icons. So anyways, while doing that, I have summerboard installed, and change the background to something new, and then i connected to my iphone via shftp, and put in the new lepoard dock. But when i went back to the iphone, i noticed that eventhough some of the dock is transparent, the background does not show up there, it is just black space behind the dock. Is there a way to change this so that my backgroud takes up the space behind the dock?? is this something that we may see in a future summerboard update, how would i do this manually?
    Last edited by speedemonV12; 2007-09-08 at 06:36 PM.

How do we include the wallpaper file in the theme? When I select the theme I want, it changes SBDock and the icons, but I have to manually change the wallpaper on the phone.
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 2007-09-08 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SplitFire View Post
    How do we include the wallpaper file in the theme? When I select the theme I want, it changes SBDock and the icons, but I have to manually change the wallpaper on the phone.
    That is not a feature of iSwitcher YET just wait a few hours.

Edit: sorry, clicked the wrong button.

Quote Originally Posted by speedemonV12 View Post

2. what plugin for safari do i use to download the pxl and install on phone once i publish the theme?

edit: I also just noticed something else. I was playing around with backgrounds. I currently use summerboard for my background, and iSwitcher for icons, since my photoshoping skills are not to good. i cant integrate the background into the icons. So anyways, while doing that, I have summerboard installed, and change the background to something new, and then i connected to my iphone via shftp, and put in the new lepoard dock. But when i went back to the iphone, i noticed that eventhough some of the dock is transparent, the background does not show up there, it is just black space behind the dock. Is there a way to change this so that my backgroud takes up the space behind the dock?? is this something that we may see in a future summerboard update, how would i do this manually?
    This would be much better to discuss in the SummerBoard thread.... regardless, you have to make a matching dock and wallpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah8192002 View Post
    Hi,
    I love this application! But I got a problem today.
    Today I install tne newest version of iSwithcer and change the theme to a black theme (the theme is bundle with iSwitcher), after iPhone soft-reset, iSwitcher is disappeared! And another AP Voice Recorder I installed previously is disappeared too. Now I can not change theme any more...... And can not install any application too, because it won't show up in the Home screen.

I try to re-install iSwitcher but still can not find it in Home screen. I use iPhoneBrowser to browse the disk in iPhone, all files of iSwitcher are in \Application\iSwitcher.app without problem.

Can anybody help me please?
    Yes, the themes included have four icons along the bottom row, iLauncher, Installer, rSBT and Launcher. So it sounds like you don't have any of those apps installed. You need to install iLauncher or Launcher. I suggest you install the other apps too as they are very useful.

Update on the first post on page one
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 2007-09-09 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks for the reply. Thought maybe I just skipped over it in the instructions.

StuffIt for Windows works fine by the way.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SplitFire For This Useful Post:

CyberGreg (2007-09-09)

Is there a way when we switch themes, we can have battery,slide to open button, etc. springboard images load as well?
    Again, this is one of the best apps for the iPhone

Thanks again for it
    Stadler

8. The Following User Says Thank You to stadler For This Useful Post:

CyberGreg (2007-09-09)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to speedemonV12 For This Useful Post:

CyberGreg (2007-09-09)

Thanks all

Version 0.87 has been released, LINK HERE w/download link

Quote Originally Posted by SplitFire View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Thought maybe I just skipped over it in the instructions.

StuffIt for Windows works fine by the way.
    Thanks! I will update the Guides, appreciate the feedback

Quote Originally Posted by stadler View Post
    Is there a way when we switch themes, we can have battery,slide to open button, etc. springboard images load as well?
    Again, this is one of the best apps for the iPhone

Thanks again for it
    Stadler
    The new version will load the LockBackground.jpg for you, just put it in your theme .thm folder.

The other images, while very doable are problematic. I like the ones I have now and really don't swap them, or actually want to swap them. You never know, perhaps in a future version, if I can every get the code published on google, then maybe someone can help me integrate the scripting into actual c programming. Then we could implement some preferences.

1 - I don't have a how to for that just yet
    2 - You'll need to download it and install it with iBrickr or Breezy. It HERE down towards the bottom
    3 - Why MMi of course! Check the downloads section we have an iSwitcher Themes section.
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 2007-09-09 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yeah I double a how to on the pxl install part.. I still dont have a clue how to upload files..

I know where there supposed to go but getting them from point a to point b I seem to be lost.

pxl packages would make it so much easier to share themes.

Thanks CyberGreg!! Keep it up. App is Amazing!!
    Stadler

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezcollector View Post
    yeah I double a how to on the pxl install part.. I still dont have a clue how to upload files..

I know where there supposed to go but getting them from point a to point b I seem to be lost.

pxl packages would make it so much easier to share themes.
    Okay - I'm on it..

awesome cant wait!!!

edit: can you explain what this means??

* Will install a LockBackground.jpg if one is present in the theme folder - very nice for SummerBoard users so the theme can preload their matching background.

awesome cant wait!!!

edit: can you explain what this means??

* Will install a LockBackground.jpg if one is present in the theme folder - very nice for SummerBoard users so the theme can preload their matching background.
    LockBackground.jpg is the actual file on your iPhone that IS your wallpaper. When you set your wallpaper, your iPhone actually copies it as LockBackground.jpg. Now I'm assuming the latest version of SummerBoard still uses this file (I don't use SummerBoard, but I might install is again).

Hope that helps...

Edit
    The guide for creating your own pxl theme paks is NOW AVAILABLE

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Awesome stuff man. Got everything installed no problem. Works perfect, so much so that I am going to start to put iSwitcher Themes on my Installer host, that way people can easily add more themes.

Just added Aqwoah_1.4 to the list(kind of a test file). Will be adding more tomorrow.

Edit: Removed, still testing
    Last edited by HighTymes; 2007-09-09 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HighTymes View Post
    Awesome stuff man. Got everything installed no problem. Works perfect, so much so that I am going to start to put iSwitcher Themes on my Installer host, that way people can easily add more themes.

Just added Aqwoah_1.4 to the list(kind of a test file). Will be adding more tomorrow.

Edit: Removed, still testing
    Wow, that's really great. Please make sure to either set the DisplayOrder.plist so that those four utilities (iLauncher, Installer, rSBT, Launcher) are displayed on the fourth row or warn the user before the theme is downloaded. I made that mistake on the first themes I released. People that didn't have iLauncher were not able to access any other apps. Please don't assume everyone is running SummerBoard either, that would not be good (it's coming back off my iPhone today, just installed it to test and make sure iSwitcher still worked fine with it and it does).

Thanks

Greg when I am trying to make a pxl package I have everything exactly as you stated in the guide but it does explain how to finish it up so its a pxl package and not a folder.

So I tryed zipping it and changing the file name from zip to pxl and it shows up as a pxl package.

When I try to use breezy to install it opens like a normal app like it flashes then nothing.

Am I doing something wrong I tryed it about a 100x last night different ways, different names, etc with no results.

Please let me know how to finish it up if im doing it wrong, and if that is the correct way maybe I can send you the file to see what I did wrong.

Greg when I am trying to make a pxl package I have everything exactly as you stated in the guide but it does explain how to finish it up so its a pxl package and not a folder.

So I tryed zipping it and changing the file name from zip to pxl and it shows up as a pxl package.

When I try to use breezy to install it opens like a normal app like it flashes then nothing.

Am I doing something wrong I tryed it about a 100x last night different ways, different names, etc with no results.

Please let me know how to finish it up if im doing it wrong, and if that is the correct way maybe I can send you the file to see what I did wrong.
    Sorry... there are two guides.... one for Creating Themes and then another creating pxl packages. Both Are Here

You can also install your theme folder manually with ssh / sftp or iphuc.

You need to create your .pxl (zip) file with ditto, Organik's cool app or Stuffit Deluxe. You can not use OS X's create archive.
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 2007-09-09 at 06:27 PM.

thanks greg, it was the archive.. I didnt think about using ditto to close the pxl package.. Works good..

almost I got the theme on the phone, and preview, but when I click to install it, it doesnt install anything. LOL

Thats a user error somewhere on my end

thanks greg, it was the archive.. I didnt think about using ditto to close the pxl package.. Works good..

almost I got the theme on the phone, and preview, but when I click to install it, it doesnt install anything. LOL

Thats a user error somewhere on my end
    Theme Info.plist, set both CFBundle* keys to your .thm theme name (i.e. cooltheme.thm)

ok now the issue im having is when I check the files about to be installed

instead of say /var/root/media/Themes/leopard.thm

it says /var/root/media/Themes/leopard.thm.pxl

why is it adding that .pxl at the end of it..

Im one step away from putting up a leopard theme I have worked for hours to complete..

thanks in advance greg

Brett

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast