Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: please help: 1.1.4 youtube after ziphone jailbreak

iPhone? More like MyPhone iGotTheRiteTemp's Avatar
    Thanks

Default please help: 1.1.4 youtube after ziphone jailbreak
    Last night I restored to 1.1.4 and jailbroke using ziphone 2.5. worked great everything worked except for two things. Mail, and Youtube. I got mail to work using the sync fix under the iclarified source. youtube gives me a "cannot connect to youtube" error. i tried the "Youtube activation" from the i.unlock.no source but still get that same error. help please? anyone know a solution?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to iGotTheRiteTemp For This Useful Post:

yoyo221 (2008-03-02)

just add this source to your installer and install youtube fix

www.dlubbat.com/iphone.xml

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dlubbat For This Useful Post:

yoyo221 (2008-03-02)

Thanks

didn't work thanks anyway dlubbat

please help? anyone?
    Last edited by iGotTheRiteTemp; 2008-03-01 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iGotTheRiteTemp For This Useful Post:

yoyo221 (2008-03-02)

Quote Originally Posted by iGotTheRiteTemp View Post
    Last night I restored to 1.1.4 and jailbroke using ziphone 2.5. worked great everything worked except for two things. Mail, and Youtube. I got mail to work using the sync fix under the iclarified source. youtube gives me a "cannot connect to youtube" error. i tried the "Youtube activation" from the i.unlock.no source but still get that same error. help please? anyone know a solution?
    same problem i think im going to restore to 1.1.4 and check to see if youtube works. then if so do another ziphone attempt and try again ill update you
    Acer 5050
    250 gb harddrive
    2.5 gb of ram
    2.2gz
    Mac os 10.5.2

Iphone
    2.0-pineapple

Thanks

ok let me know how that works sinister.

yo i tried a restore to 1.1.4, after that youtube worked ran ziphone once again then it said once again cannot connect to you tube, please let me know if you find a fix
    Acer 5050
    250 gb harddrive
    2.5 gb of ram
    2.2gz
    Mac os 10.5.2

Iphone
    2.0-pineapple

about all i can say is that i'm having the same problem. i checked zibri's blog and on his update he just states
    "I have been told that the main
    cause of NO WIFI problem is due to
    the use of another JB method prior to ZiPhone.

For other stupid problems, just set the phone
    as a NEW PHONE after restore then sync."

I've tried resetting network settings and nothing fixes it. I tried to get onto #ziphone in irc and chat with others to see how to resolve it but can't b/c I can't figure out how to register my nick to start chatting.

Thanks

i may have to downgrade back to 1.1.3 because i use youtube all the time..

hey i have the same problem.. i might just downgrade.. i think its a glitch..
    'It's like a finger pointing away to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all that heavenly glory' ~ Bruce Lee

i bought my 16gb iphone yesterday and it was on 1.1.14 and i just clicked on unlock, jailbreak, and activate from ziphone 2.5. and my youtube is working.

Thanks

I got it to work the other day, I wrote a little guide on how to fix this here is the link:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...541#post248541

Green Apple
    Thanks

just try restoring fully to 1.1.4 but use independence to jailbreak 1st then use zibri

i installed a fix and it didnt work. so i connected the phone to itunes, let it sit for a few minutes, unplugged it, and youtube worked.

itunes might have to activate it.

the problem,as zibri said first,is that if u upgrade,as me, an iphone from 1.0.. youtube does not work in edge,but only in wifi mode.we have to activate utube on 1.1.4 with a folder lockdown with working activation file

best way to get it to work is to restore back to clean 1.1.4. Run ziphone, but click on the third button down, Jailbreak. Don't have ziphone activate, it seems to mess with youtube.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to grbspltt For This Useful Post:

Candyman850 (2008-03-24)

grbspltt is right! I have tried all the other ways to fix it. The only way that worked for me is to Restore then use Ziphone to JAILBREAK ONLY!! Then Activate with iTunes.
    Thanks

Default Finally!! Youtube works 1.1.4 unlocked!! Jailbroke!! heres how!
    Start to finish ALL DETAILS definate way to properly unlock and jailbreak to 1.1.4 using iPlus2.0b!!! Fake bootloader (3.9) Awesome! modem firmware 04.04.05_g like it should be for 1.1.4(4a102) this is on a MA712LL ModelIphone 7.3gb capacity / 7.0gb available.. should work on ANY Version PhOne!!! Just do a regular restore and update to 1.1.4 1st Then the downloaded 1.1.4-1.1.2 restore..

Ok, 10 hours into this hack like it always turns out to be the last thing i think of and its always a duhhh.. ok First off, get your hands on an old phone with a sim card thats not activated or anyting to put in your phone.. but dont do it yet.. heres what you need to do IN ORDER

1. open itunes with your proper sim thats activated in the phone (If you never had one activated and are going to activate one put that one it)

Dont hold shift yet (Shift restore) DONT DO THAT YET! The 1st time you hit restore cause your going to do it twice in a row.. 1st restore your getting everything ready and a clean updated copy on your system.. 1.1.4. unjailbroke dont matter if its locked or not or what bootloader its running at this point.. i ran an app somewhere in the 10 hours i installed on a source i cant member the exact source name cause so mny people are having problems with this.. it was http://appleaday.com/install something real close to that.. if your phones jailbroken somewhere install that source then goto the appleaday or whatever it was catagory in installer.. run the 1.1.4 to 1.1.2 (4.6 to 3.9) everytime i was installing the iplus hack i noticed it did say it was attempting to unlock the 3.9 all the rest of the time.. i think i had 4.6 before.. anyways dont matter anyways its a just incase u run into problems.. (Sync your phone and it'll probally ask if you want to restore backup or make a new one.. make a new one!! turnoff the autosync and all the 4 options there set your name and hit done..

2. Make sure you've downloaded the iPhone1,1_1.4_4A102_Restore.ispw put it in a directory where you wont loose it.. on your desk top will work.. you can always easily find it again if you need it again.

3. Download iplus2.0b and unarchive it to this specific directory!! Hit start, run, and type command press enter (Windows naturally) its automaticly going to get you half way to where you need to be you'll be in the documents and settings \ your windows user name directory so you know where to extract the iplus archive to, it needs to be in your desktop directory inder iplus2.0 (cdocume~1\(Username)\desktop\iplus2.0 thats important!! Once you extract it leave it alone dont extract the zip file it puts in that directory!!

4. Ok now you have that ready, start itunes, plug your phone in, and hold down the home and power button at the same time for about 20/30 seconds, a few seconds after the screen shows the Restore screen (it'll have a pic of the cable hooked up to it). HOLD DOWN SHIFT AND CLICK ON RESTORE.. now goto the directory with that RESTORE File you downloaded (.ispw file) open that.. let it do its thing for about 5-8 or so minutes.. now this is VERY INPORTANT GET YOUR SPACE SIM READY!! Its going to say verifing install, then its going to say restoring firmware RIGHT WHEN THAT SCREEN GOES BLACK, Stick your paperclip in that lil hole on top and snatch that card out of there FAST And put the other one in (YOU MAY BE ABLE TO DO THIS WITH NO CRD IN BUT I DOUBT IT CAUSE IT WILL SAY SIMCARDS NOT INSERTED>. may not get you to the right screen next). this will keep it from activating that sim card!! Thats for the next step! let it reboot up and all and now because you switched the card its not going to ask to restore / creat new account.. ots going to come to a screen with like the 1st screen you ever saw when you bought the phone pic of iphone, talking about setting up an account and all that or what have you.. this is GREAT!! You have to be there to go any further.. ok, everythings mellowed down, hit the eject button for the iphone in itunes.. close out of i tunes.. go down to your task bar and rightclick, hit task manager (Or ctrl alt delete should get u there to) goto the ituneshelper.exe and end task! now thats not there, double check make sure itunes isnt somehow still there.. shouldnt be.. exit task manager..

5. Now goto your start menu, (Gotta do it this way) run, command.. you'll be at the dos prompt (Command prompt) your already in your docume~1\(Username) directory so type CD DESKTOP\IPLUS2.0
    Go ahead and PUT THE SIMCARD YOU WANT TO USE BACK IN PHONE so it will activate through the hack like its supposed to (When you put that card in you'll see your carrier at the top, your bars, i think edge to, dont worry though its supposed to)..now type IPLUS -U Just like that.. let it run through, shouldnt be any errors watching it scroll through.. When the computer screen finished and you have the c>_ up there, and the phone has rebooted to the slide to unlock screen slide and you'll be at the home keys.. let it sit for about a minute.. it probally wont reboot itself again.. give it a minute then reboot it dont do anything untill you reboot it one last time.. NOW.. check your youtube does it work? add an email address, can you get in it.. does the locate me on the maps work.. should all work.. if you have no sound on it, (Should have sound!) if not though, just goto your settings / general / and reset all... ok re load up itunes, plug your phone back in, it will load up and ask you (Restore backup or new account) NEW ACCOUNT AGAIN! Up to you from there, you can easily change if you want it o sync every time you plug it in, or if you want it to take extra time syncing bookmarks, outlook express, and blahh blahh blahh.. leave sync contacts on though.. it'll be a short sync probally.. just go back in and add your stuff back to the sync and sync 1 last time n thats it!! YEEEAHHHH BUUUDDDDDDDDY!! hehehe 13 hours to get the right sequence down on that one!! haha ENJOY!! Wish i wouldnt have had to be the one to figure this out and tell ya'll.. todays my birthday and i've been infront of this computer allllllll day lol ohwell.. just paid off.. Yay I love my iphone!!

-Kevin

ziphone version 3 is supposed to have none of the youtube problems. anyone tried it?

i got your fix .... i had this same problem ... download the +Iliberty MAC or Windows : Copy and paste thi site to download >>>> http://theiphoneproject.org/downloads/ <<<<

Next install it and run it.

add installer and youtube fix 1.1.4 also activate iphone

and this hould work for mail fixed automaticly ...

Post any problems .........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast