Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question about Summerboard + rsbt

Arrow Question about Summerboard + rsbt
    I have Summerboard and rsbt installed.
    I was wondering if there is a way to only show the default 12 icons on the springboard, have a blank row, then list all my 3rd party apps after that (outta sight for showing to friends, but still ease of access for me)?

Is there a way?
    If not, could this been done easily on a PC?

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

You could uh... have a row of apps with transparent icons. 4 apps you don't use/want. Thats about it for now...

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

it will still show the names of the icons, right?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by edw1nk View Post
    it will still show the names of the icons, right?
    If you have a black background, then make the icons solid black at 60x90 pixels and that will cover the names.

Install xLaunch and just toggle visibility of all the app you dont want to show.
    Just keep the original 12.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dash-2,

I, like you, would like to have my third party apps easily accessible via SummerBoard's scrolling feature, but hidden offscreen by default. The "simple" solution would be to have an empty row above the Dock, as you suggested, and that's what I've been working on. I have a mostly completed solution, which I'll outline below, but perhaps someone out there can help with the last tweaks.

Ultimately, I've created 4 applications which are named " ", " ", " ", and " " -- That's 1, 2, 3, or 4 spaces, respectively. These app's have a 1x1 pixel transparent icon and, using rSBT, provide a blank row quite nicely in SummerBoard. The challenge is that, even at 1x1, the transparent icons are still tappable. If inadvertently tapped, the applications display the default.png image, but from there I have to restart my iPhone to return to the Home screen. Holding down the Home Button will not force quit out of the application, so you are stuck staring at the default.png -- luckily, I've spruced it up a bit.

I simply don't have the coding experience necessary to change the default behavior of tapping these transparent icons. So, my appeal for assistance is two-fold:

1) Does anyone out there have the time to assist with a simple application coding that will, upon launch, immediately quit and return to SpringBoard?

- OR -

2) Does anyone have one of the oft-despised iFun1-20 app's available to send to me? I believe these little app's do exactly what I described above, so I should be able to harvest their code, I hope. Unfortunately, I've upgraded to iTunes 7.4 and am now unable to run iFuntastic to acquire these myself!

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated and, once completed, I'll be happy to share my efforts with others!

Thanks,

- AronEA

Of course the rSBT google code page bizarrely states this:
    Notice to SummerBoard Users and Explanation of "Third Party"

The Third Party section of rSBT was designed for SummerBoard. SummerBoard will put the icons that are under "SpringBoard" in the first 16 or so places of SummerBoard and then move on to ThirdParty to place the icons that are on the next page (when you scroll down).

Totally not true BTW

Quote Originally Posted by aronea View Post
    Dash-2,

I, like you, would like to have my third party apps easily accessible via SummerBoard's scrolling feature, but hidden offscreen by default. The "simple" solution would be to have an empty row above the Dock, as you suggested, and that's what I've been working on. I have a mostly completed solution, which I'll outline below, but perhaps someone out there can help with the last tweaks.

Ultimately, I've created 4 applications which are named " ", " ", " ", and " " -- That's 1, 2, 3, or 4 spaces, respectively. These app's have a 1x1 pixel transparent icon and, using rSBT, provide a blank row quite nicely in SummerBoard. The challenge is that, even at 1x1, the transparent icons are still tappable. If inadvertently tapped, the applications display the default.png image, but from there I have to restart my iPhone to return to the Home screen. Holding down the Home Button will not force quit out of the application, so you are stuck staring at the default.png -- luckily, I've spruced it up a bit.

I simply don't have the coding experience necessary to change the default behavior of tapping these transparent icons. So, my appeal for assistance is two-fold:

1) Does anyone out there have the time to assist with a simple application coding that will, upon launch, immediately quit and return to SpringBoard?

- OR -

2) Does anyone have one of the oft-despised iFun1-20 app's available to send to me? I believe these little app's do exactly what I described above, so I should be able to harvest their code, I hope. Unfortunately, I've upgraded to iTunes 7.4 and am now unable to run iFuntastic to acquire these myself!

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated and, once completed, I'll be happy to share my efforts with others!

Thanks,

- AronEA
    AronEA, this sounds awesome.
    I'm so happy to see someone working on it.
    And while I can't help you code wise, I'll support in any way I can.
    Thanks for working on this!
    =D

I think everyone has this problem since absolutely everyone just has to see and touch the iPhone and the iPod Touch! What I do is either use Icons that most non iPhone or ipod owning people wouldnt recognize but that still works for me. Lately, I have also been using categories and I kinda assigned one category with just my stuff in it