Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgraded to 1.1.4, unlocked, no service

Default Upgraded to 1.1.4, unlocked, no service
    iPhone OTB 1.0.2, previously on 1.1.2 unlocked okay. Now on 1.1.4, activated, unlocked, etc. with independence and everything seemed fine and works okay, except with SIM card in there is no phone service. SIM card is okay, same as used before, and works in other phones.

Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by macz View Post
    iPhone OTB 1.0.2, previously on 1.1.2 unlocked okay. Now on 1.1.4, activated, unlocked, etc. with independence and everything seemed fine and works okay, except with SIM card in there is no phone service. SIM card is okay, same as used before, and works in other phones.

Ideas?
    i have the same, cant figure out what's wrong with it

Same problem here apart from i had a 1.1.3OTB, restored to 1.1.4 used the new ZiPhone 2.5 and now have no signal...

Seems you need to downgrade your BL to 3.9 if you want to unlock your phone, i have done mine and its working perfect :P
    Last edited by skatter; 2008-02-29 at 10:03 PM.

Grab Ziphone from zibris site if you havent got it already and select the "Do it all!" button, it will only downgrade your BL if you have 4.6. hopefully it will fix your no signal problem :P

Green Apple
    Thanks

If you want to upgrade to 1.1.4, here's how to do it. Use ziphone 2.5 to enter DFU mode. Once itunes detects the iphone in recovery mode, use Shift+Restore and point to the location of the 1.1.4 ipsw file. Once it is done restoring, you should be at the connect to itunes screen on your iphone with a different language at the bottom. Open ziphone 2.5 with itunes open and select "DO IT ALL". In about 4 minutes you will have your 1.1.4 phone unlocked with 4.04.13_G BB and 3.9 BL. Locate me feature works fine. So does YouTube.

Contact me at ShawVegas on GTalk if you have questions.
    Everyday is a New Day...

I am facing the same problem. I was on 1.1.3 Unlocked with Gunlock than tried to restore on 1.1.4 than used ZiPhone but still no signal. Please Please help

Download the first version of ziphone 2.5 and that will solve your problem

http://rapid$hare.com/files/96478194/ZiPhoneWin-2.5.exe.html

Replace $ with s

Had the same problem earlier but managed to solve it using that version.

hi
    your phone service is not working cos your bootloder i think updated to 04.04.05_g you need to downgrade it

try this simple step help you out :d

Hi,

I succesfully unlocked a iPhone 16GB by this way.
    Unlock your 1.1.4 or 04.04.05_G iphones 100% working tested

1. Downgraded with Ziphone 2.4b put your phone in dfu mod and install 1.1.4 or if u have 1.1.4 then go to next step
    2. Activated and Jailbreaked with Ziphone 1.1.4 do not do it all just jail break and active
    3. Installed BSD from Installer
    4. Add to Source http://installer.iclarified.com
    5. Set Autolock to NEVER
    6. Install from iClarified "Unlock 1.1.4"

NOTE : - what will u get when it all done ? unlock 1.1.4 iphone with 04.04.05_G

hehehe its easy if u like then reply

Hi, download de Ziphone 2.5c and try it.
    Zibri wrote

Version 2.5c is RELEASED.
    2.5b had a small bug and could not downgrade the bootloader.

It works OK for me

I got a 8gb refurb from AT&T today anf downloaded ziphone 2.5c I can't get mobile service after unlocking it. I have tried restoring back to 1.1.3 and I keep getting errors on restore. I have tried ziPhone (windows and osx versions) and iNdependence. Everythign appears to work and the iPhone is jailbroken and activated. I even tried the iClarified 1.1.4 unlock via Installer. Help? I am trying get this done for my wife tonight.

I upgraded my 1.1.1 to 1.1.4 recently and I get no service. using iclarified didn't work for me... It says "Error main script execution failed!" Don't know what else to do I have tried everything and still have no service!!! Any suggestions???

Unhappy Help!!! 1.1.4 no service
    Hi all,

My iphone (unlocked, jail and activated) was working fine until last monday for no reason I lost my connection to my provider. Now I have a "no service" on my phone. Everything work eg: internet etc... except the phone eg: text, calling and receiving calls!!!! its doing my heads in!!
    I have following all your information but its still the same. I have been reading a lot of forum regarding this issue and I think its my modem firmware version which cause this issue.. 04.04.05_G. I have tried everything, followed everybody instruction and i still cant get a coverage! No Service! Im going nuts please help....!!
    Thanks a million
    Last edited by lionel1981; 2008-04-30 at 11:29 PM.

I upgraded to 1.1.4 and used ziphone 3.0 to do it all. and for the first time, i have a signal and then after a few minutes it's just said no sim installed, when i do a full restore from itunes, i can get a signal again but then it's dissapear again and no sim installed. I don't know what to do anymore. I live in indonesia, so i must have a unlock iphone to use. And by the way, if i downgrade my boot loader from 4.6 to 3.9 can i restore it to 4.6 again.

Have you try downgrading baseband? Well i haven't, but i want to try downgrading to 04.02.13_G because, the firstime i get this iphone which is 1.1.2 OTB and u/j/a signal reception are better.
    Last edited by Tabin; 2008-05-01 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by bmasti View Post
    hi
    your phone service is not working cos your bootloder i think updated to 04.04.05_g you need to downgrade it

try this simple step help you out :d

Hi,

I succesfully unlocked a iPhone 16GB by this way.
    Unlock your 1.1.4 or 04.04.05_G iphones 100% working tested

1. Downgraded with Ziphone 2.4b put your phone in dfu mod and install 1.1.4 or if u have 1.1.4 then go to next step
    2. Activated and Jailbreaked with Ziphone 1.1.4 do not do it all just jail break and active
    3. Installed BSD from Installer
    4. Add to Source http://installer.iclarified.com
    5. Set Autolock to NEVER
    6. Install from iClarified "Unlock 1.1.4"

NOTE : - what will u get when it all done ? unlock 1.1.4 iphone with 04.04.05_G

hehehe its easy if u like then reply

Hi I currently have iphone 1.1.4 and used above method and it worked.

BUT it only works until my phone is switched off where I again have No Service at all

Any ideas why this is?

I know its not a weak signal area and I was beginning to think the problem was hardware but as the above sort of works it can't be can it :-/

Hope someone can help or suggest an easy alternative.

Col