View Poll Results: What is the better IM client?

Voters
729. You may not vote on this poll
  • AppolloIM

    297 40.74%
  • MobileChat

    278 38.13%
  • Online Sites like meebo and beejive still rock

    154 21.12%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 177

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: ApolloIM vs. Mobile Chat

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Gom33 View Post
    i tried to download apollo last night and it said i needed to install BSD system? I downloaded that through the appinstall, and tried to install apollo again, but it gave me the same error... when i looked at more info for apollo, it said that the project is terminated? is it really? how do I know if the bsd system is installed on my iphone?
    BSD is an app that does something. Its like 6.6 MB, but if it works, it should showup as installed.

  2. #82
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    316
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 23 Times in 20 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    BSD is an app that does something. Its like 6.6 MB, but if it works, it should showup as installed.

    so when i go to install BSD and i try to install it again it should say i already installed it?

  3. #83
    Well you cant uninstall it, but as long as it has been installed once, youre good to go...

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    Well you cant uninstall it, but as long as it has been installed once, youre good to go...
    What do you mean you can't uninstall BSD Subsystem? lmao .. you people are so funny

  5. #85
    ApolloIM, is the best

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by crazsk8 View Post
    ApolloIM, is the best
    Unnecessary pause, is what you did

  7. #87
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Highland Park, IL
    Posts
    487
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 31 Times in 29 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    What do you mean you can't uninstall BSD Subsystem? lmao .. you people are so funny
    your funny too. goto installer>uninstall>bsd subsystem...

    what do u see now? no uninstall option.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Alperovich View Post
    your funny too. goto installer>uninstall>bsd subsystem...

    what do u see now? no uninstall option.
    You spelled you're* incorrectly, but if what you say is true, then I take back my statement. I rely heavily on the BSD Subsystem, so never tried to click it in order to "uninstall" it, however, I did notice it in the list. So, as said, I take back my comment in regards to uninstalling it.

    I can admit when I'm wrong.

  9. #89
    little question here
    what's wrong with yahoo?
    I use yahoo almost in everything
    when we can get native chat app that has yahoo also
    Beejive is pretty good but its web app not native
    why Apollo makers could put aim, MSN and many more but not yahoo

    Anybody knows why please?
    (I'm not a programmer or devloper, just a user)

  10. #90
    No idea .. but don't worry .. I'm sure once Apple releases the SDK, that BeeJive will release a native app. It will, however, probably be a pay app.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    No idea .. but don't worry .. I'm sure once Apple releases the SDK, that BeeJive will release a native app. It will, however, probably be a pay app.
    Why would it be a pay app?

  12. #92
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Dear Santa...
    I've been really really good this year, so I'd like to have the Apollo app with MobileChat's conversation interface... Apollo lets me log into multiple services at once, so it's the better of the two, but once I start chatting with someone the interface is horrible, the entry box doesn't expand when I type more than one line, the sounds are atrocious, I can't turn off the annoying "popup" notifications of incoming IMs, and the notification badge on the icon frequently reports waiting messages that don't exist and/or fails to clear the badge after I've read everything...

    sigh... I don't really care who does it, but someone better do an instant-messaging application the right way, and soon...

    Thanks Santa, I'll put a Beer on the mantle for you this year...
    -G

  13. #93
    BeeJive will be a pay app since their native apps are not free.
    As long as they keep the interface (and improve it) I won't mind paying for it.
    • On T-mobile with 2.0 with help from Pwnage 2.0


  14. #94
    hey guys. question about mobile chat and msn messenger: anyone having the problem about not seeing ALL the online contacts? i can't even receive messages. i tested it, and it doesnt work properly. Anyone have this problem too?

  15. #95
    Beejive WILL be a pay app. I have a blackberry as well, and trust me, I was one of the original beejive beta testers, when they FIRST started. They claimed that it would be free for us, no matter what. Then slowly started to delete postings where they said it would remain free for us, until one day it started to display licenses. I still bought it when they did turn to pay, because it's a great app, but .. don't be fooled into thinking that every developer will keep their programs free forever. Time and energy goes into developing.

    The first couple of native BeeJive versions for the iPhone will probably be free, if they keep in tune with how they did with BlackBerries. Once all features are implemented that users want, and it is stable, they will begin charging. Reason being, I believe, is that we aren't direct connected to one another, but the messages rather go through their server. It's good that way (unless transmitting sensitive information), because if you're signed off, and then signed back on, you can get your offline messages. At any rate .. why'd apollo go under?

  16. #96
    There both ok but im waiting for a trillian
    8gb 1.1.1. Iphone Hacked and unlocked with At&t?:confused

  17. #97
    Is the Apollo developement definitely canceled now?
    I actually hoped for an Update.
    Does anyone know if MobileChat developement is still alive?

  18. #98
    Retired Moderator dale1v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,784
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 395 Times in 268 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenuam View Post
    Is the Apollo developement definitely canceled now?
    I actually hoped for an Update.
    Does anyone know if MobileChat developement is still alive?
    Apollo development is cancelled? It's so unstable, I didnt even think it started... MobileChat ticks me off so much as well.
    I wonder if someone will develop a new, much better app that WORKS WELL,
    but we can only hope and pray for the best.
    Last edited by dale1v; 2007-11-22 at 05:20 PM.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    Apollo development is cancelled? It's so unstable, I didnt even think it started... MobileChat ticks me off so much as well.
    I wonder if someone will develop a new, much better app that WORKS WELL,
    but we can only hope and pray for the best.

    I agree completely. I can't really use Apollo or MobileChat. If I let me phone sit and go to sleep, I stop getting IM's and the IM's I'm sending don't get sent out. The problem is the applications think I'm still logged in. Because my IM's get lost, I can't really trust using the applications very much.

  20. #100
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Not tellin'
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I haven't used either but i can vouch for Beejive...the webapp kick booty. If they make it a native app with all the features, i'd be all over it even if they charge.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •