Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Swirly MMS

Default Swirly MMS
    Hope someone here can help me, I just installed swirly mms on my iphone, and everything seemed to go fine until I try to open it, I get to the screen with the "SwirlyMMS" logo, then it immediately closes !! I tried using Bosstools to free up space, but it hasn`t made any difference, it still just opens, then closes again.
    Any help greatly appreciated

2. The Following User Says Thank You to u_couple For This Useful Post:

dominic56 (2008-02-28)

I think youre missing something you need?

http://swirlyspace.com/iphone/apps/mms/settings.html

Anyone else?
    Last edited by dominic56; 2008-02-28 at 11:36 PM.

I can`t even get that far !! when I say it closes immediately, I mean the launch screen opens for about half a second, then I`m back to summerboard !!

u got to set the permsssions to 750(i think..or its 7 something)
    u can use squid or ssd

same here it sucks i was thinking this might get fixed on the update...... any ideas

set permissions to 755.
    hit thanks if thanks are due.

Quote Originally Posted by mbrooksr View Post
    set permissions to 755.
    already tried that mbrooksr, still no change

Ok guys, I finally managed to get this app working, so for anyone else having problems, here`s what I done.
    First of all I changed all the permissions to 755 (using cute ftp pro)
    I then installed Term-vt100, but found that I couldn`t log in !
    Then I added hxxp://www.trejan.com/irepo/ to installer and added the following fixes found under "Tweaks (1.1.3)" in that order:

1. SUID Lib Fix
    2. Term-vt100 SUID fix

After that I got into Term-vt100, and added the following :
    cd /Applications
    chmod +s SwirlyMMS.app/SwirlyMMS
    chown root:wheel SwirlyMMS.app

Rebooted, and now Swirly MMS works a treat.

Hope this can be of some help to someone.
    Last edited by u_couple; 2008-03-01 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by u_couple View Post
    already tried that mbrooksr, still no change

Ok guys, I finally managed to get this app working, so for antone else having problems, here`s what I done.
    First of all I changed all the permissions to 755 (using cute ftp pro)
    I then installed term Term-vt100, but found that I couldn`t log in !
    Then I added hxxp://www.trejan.com/irepo/ to installer and added the following fixes found under "Tweaks (1.1.3)" in that order:

1. SUID Lib Fix
    2. Term-vt100 SUID fix

After that I got into Term-vt100, and added the following :
    cd /Applications
    chmod +s SwirlyMMS.app/SwirlyMMS
    chown root:wheel SwirlyMMS.app

Rebooted, and now Swirly MMS works a treat.

Hope this can be of some help to someone.
    I really wish I wasn't a n00b at all of this stuff. I'm at 1.1.3 but I'm not to great at stuff like this. Can anyone explain to someone who isn't an IT expert? or should I not try to mess with something I have no clue about?

Quote Originally Posted by SNIP3R_36 View Post
    I really wish I wasn't a n00b at all of this stuff. I'm at 1.1.3 but I'm not to great at stuff like this. Can anyone explain to someone who isn't an IT expert? or should I not try to mess with something I have no clue about?
    I`m no expert either dude, and it does all look a little scary, but I just looked for all the info online, (such as this forum) read everything carefully (twice) and then when I thought I understood everything I gave it a try, luckily it worked ok

Anyone out there have luck with jailbreak 1.1.4 and Swirly MMS ver 0.3.4 as far as settings go.
    Carrier ATT. Current settings - mmsc.cingular.com, proxy - 066.209.011.032. Other fields blank.
    I get error message - "service denied"

Thanks

Does anyone know any fix for 1.1.2? unlocked and jailbroken??
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

I'm running 1.1.4 FW and I have unlimited text and I installed Swirly and I have tried every setting I could find on the internet and I still get a "message send error" does anyone have any suggestions? I think it is Swirly 0.3.8 thanks to anyone who can help.

Thanks

I am pretty sure that AT&T can tell from your imei number that u are using an iPhone and they block mms message capabilities from iPhones. I have read on here where some people have success with swirly and AT&T but most folks get the same send errors u are getting.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

just use bosstools and have it set permissions correctly, same thing he did. just did it via commands instead of bosstools.
    16 GB 1.1.4 Ziphone Unlocked, Activated, Jailbroken
    If I helped you make sure to hit the thanks button

[How To] Customize on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4......Windows Guide...............OS X Guide

How To Fix A Broken Ringer/Silent Switch

How do I do that with bosstools? I'm new to all this sorry. And I've heard of people talking AT&T into allowing their SIM to send MMS by saying they are using another phone to send the message, anyone have success with that here?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by e_stokes View Post
    How do I do that with bosstools? I'm new to all this sorry. And I've heard of people talking AT&T into allowing their SIM to send MMS by saying they are using another phone to send the message, anyone have success with that here?
    use bossprefs not bosstools...version 1.67 has an option to fix user directory permissions...It is located under the "more" tab in the upper right hand side of the main screen in bossprefs...hope this helps you

Angry Swirlymms problem
    Ok I installed swirly mms and it rebooted fine but when I went to open the program there
    Is no icon for swirly. What did I do wrong, I have looked all over the web for a solition I
    Seem to be the only one with this problem, please help.

the answer to ur question is that ur using the wrong download

Default Swirly
    How is that possible there is only one place to download it in cydia. Where else can I get it .

I keep trying to fetch the demo license and it keeps saying failed.