Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone IR Tv remote control app

Default iPhone IR Tv remote control app
    I had a great idea! I dont know if you guys have seen those ir transmitters for the ipods you basically record an infrared command off your tv remote with an infrared adaptor on your computer and record it with sound record or whatever, then you transfer that sound to the ipod and attach the ipod ifrared transmitter to the sound port and play the sound you recorded and itll activate the command that you recorded (change channel, volume etc.).

Ok why this is posted in the app section is because, if someone could make like an app that acts like a sound board and looks like a tv remote, so when you push the button on the app itll play the recorded sound. That way if you get the adaptor you dont have to go searching through your playlist looking for the correct sound to change the channel etc.

heres the link to the article for the ipod portion.

http://features.engadget.com/2004/07...emote-control/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonny202003 For This Useful Post:

young harlem (2007-11-10)

wow..thats awesome.... worth trying

wow...if only that ir switch would fit in a iphone headphones jack....if they did i would buy one of those right now.

it cant..your right..but you can get a TTY adapter that can fit into it..then u can plug any regular headset or IR thing into it

iPhone? More like MyPhone Stealth1029's Avatar
    Thanks

It would work if you buy an adapter, but they're out of stock from the site right now. But it seems like a great possibility.

this is true...it does seem very interesting...good find jonny202003

Quote Originally Posted by exoram View Post
    this is true...it does seem very interesting...good find jonny202003
    Thanks, ive been wanting to try this for a long time with my psp but now that the iphones out it seems more useful for it.

But the problem is i cant find the transmitter anywhere, not even ebay lol

nice find
    PROUD
    8g iphone anySIM Unlocked
    Custom Kanye West Graduation Theme
    Using on Both At&t and T-mobile

All done By Me!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone DirtyDan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny202003 View Post
    Thanks, ive been wanting to try this for a long time with my psp but now that the iphones out it seems more useful for it.

But the problem is i cant find the transmitter anywhere, not even ebay lol
    I used to have a downgraded, homebrewed, hacked PSP and I successfully setup a universal remote app that allowed me to control everything in my house with my psp. I traded the psp for a radar detector though, and now that this is a possibility I would love to do it with my iPhone!

Great find, and thanks for the info!

i know a business who might start remanufacturing this unit for this type of application.

I would love a app like this for the iPhone. Someone has to make this happen. I already got an ir remote on my psp it's now the iPhone's turn!