Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question about Cycorder

Default Question about Cycorder
    i read somewhere that there's away to remove the advertising from Cycorder, does anybody know how to do this, much appreciated

Thanks

It's a free program. Use it or don't.
    To live, you have to lie

Even if you remove them the screen doesn't change because of the aspect ratio of the video. You just have a black spot where the ad was. No reason to remove them. Just use the app like it was meant to.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

the advertising itself doesnt bother me, but i noticed when i launch the app its pretty fast until the advertisement pops up, then it lags alittle, i just thought removing it would ease up the small amount of lag

Saurik has done so much for the iPhone community with Cycorder, Winterboard, Cydia, MobileFinder etc., dont screw him out of the little money he takes in from these projects...

iPhone? More like MyPhone NArush's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    Saurik has done so much for the iPhone community with Cycorder, Winterboard, Cydia, MobileFinder etc., dont screw him out of the little money he takes in from these projects...
    Well Saurik gave us a FREE app to use - right? I say the guy is awesome and thanks for all he's done. However, I chose to mod MY APP to remove the ads on MY PHONE. Those ads won't make me buy anything so I took them off. That ain't stealing.

Quote Originally Posted by NArush View Post
    Well Saurik gave us a FREE app to use - right? I say the guy is awesome and thanks for all he's done. However, I chose to mod MY APP to remove the ads on MY PHONE. Those ads won't make me buy anything so I took them off. That ain't stealing.
    Actually, it is HIS app. And if the ads wont make you buy anything, just let them there and let him get a little bit of money...

Thanks

Actually, it is HIS app. And if the ads wont make you buy anything, just let them there and let him get a little bit of money...
    How exactly does he lose money when I remove the ads on my particular phone?

Saurik actually said in the original cycorder thread that he helped someone remove the Ads from their Cycorder through hex editing the url the ad engine parses. Instead of showing an ad, it shows a black bar there now. Saurik seemed indifferent on the subject, as if he was more amused that someone was tinkering with some of his code for a change.

I gave this a go, and you can see the advertising urls clear as day using any hex editor. I stopped there because I didn't feel like running the command-line on the iphone to sign the newly edited application so that it would work again. Hex editing in a gui, fine, but command-lines after the apt-update and dependancy installs? I quit there, hah, I'm lazy like that.

Quote Originally Posted by NArush View Post
    How exactly does he lose money when I remove the ads on my particular phone?
    He gets money everytime an ad is seen. Not having ads on any phone will take money away from him...

thanks NArush, im not using the ads on my phone, so no need to have them displayed, its my phone, i paid the $400 for it, i do what i want

Thanks

He gets money everytime an ad is seen. Not having ads on any phone will take money away from him...
    Well like x999x just posted, Saurik seemed 'indifferent' to it and even helped someone remove the ads. So, to me, if he removed them, I can too.

how do you Disable Ads in CYCORDER? When the ad pops up it makes the recording very slow and choppy.

It's not the ads that make it slow and choppy. Ambient lighting plays a part as does current memory usage. I find that if I recently rebooted (or an app recently crashed) and then open cycorder it runs much faster.

To those modifying the app to remove the ads: it's NOT your application. It's free for you to use under the license, not modify. Make your own app if you're so gung-ho about not having ads and modifying things. As a developer myself I find that simply insulting. I provide FREE scripts and apps and when people modify it to add their name or remove mine it annoys the hell out of me. Write your own ****, then we'll talk.

I do not mind haveing the ad on cycorder. But it dose cause the cycorder program to run slower as soon as the ad pops up. Is there a way to keep your ad in there with out it interupting the program?

The ads very much do slow the app down--it is not the light or lack of (although that can also cause it). I just put the phone into airplane mode whilst recording. Its too bad that we can't have both the ads and the lag-free recording. I would love to be able to give a bit of money back to the developer, but cycorder is no use to me if the video recording lags.

Quote Originally Posted by dmb.iphone View Post
    The ads very much do slow the app down--it is not the light or lack of (although that can also cause it). I just put the phone into airplane mode whilst recording. Its too bad that we can't have both the ads and the lag-free recording. I would love to be able to give a bit of money back to the developer, but cycorder is no use to me if the video recording lags.
    Im not sure, but if you donated, he might show you how to get the app ad-free. Like you are pretty much buying an ad-free version...