Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Intelliscreen 2.22 problem with firmware 2.1

For another data point, IS has been buggy ever since FW2.1 on my iPhone. Before FW2.1, it worked fine. I have not added any other new applications since then. So the only thing that has changed is FW2.1 and Intelliscreen.

Therefore, one1's conflicting apps suggestion is the Intelliscreen conflicts with FW2.1. The only other suggestion is that they changed IS in a way that made it conflict with other established and known working software. Either way, its not acceptable from an app we pay $20 for.

Thanks

ok hartphoto, one1, drop it. please.

i have had IS installed since 2.x, and it has been running flawlessly right up until i updated my 3g to 2.1

i understand that IS conflicts with other apps, i have never had it in the past but am having it at 2.1 as every time i apple IS it resprings and doesn't load/puts me in safe mode, and i have got it to work twice and each time it has thrown me back to safe mode within minutes.

I love the app, but for now, it is uninstalled. i will wait for updates because no matter what anyone says to me, and after reading sauriks little note, there is a problem with IS.

i would like someone to restore and install only IS and see what happens.... i installed it just after winterboard and openSSH (the only 2 apps on my phone at the time) and it still wouldn't work, and i don't think either of them are conflicting with IS or we would all know about it already,
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

So I have been having similar problems. Now after installing IS and restarting, there is a gray area that doesnt let me click on anything except the icons in the top row (SMS, calendar) and the ones in the very bottom (phone, mail, etc).... If I double click the gray area it rotates once but doesnt let me access any of the applications its covering. Its like those icons are deactivated.

The only way I've been able to do anything was to restore my iphone, jailbreak, and try again. I've restored twice now and each time the ONLY thing I install after I jailbreak is IntelliScreen (from cyida) and it does the same thing making my iPhone 3g (with newest FW) almost inoperable. Anyone else have this problems? Any ideas on why this is happening?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

This is the only app I have ever had issues with. Period. No matter what version the software is and no matter what version my firmware is this app causes issues.

I should not have to choose this app over others that it conflicts with. It should be coded to play nice with everything else out there. I don't see the hype.

How do you expect me to purchase it when it won't even run properly during the trial period?

Quote Originally Posted by rkar08 View Post
    So I have been having similar problems. Now after installing IS and restarting, there is a gray area that doesnt let me click on anything except the icons in the top row (SMS, calendar) and the ones in the very bottom (phone, mail, etc).... If I double click the gray area it rotates once but doesnt let me access any of the applications its covering. Its like those icons are deactivated.

The only way I've been able to do anything was to restore my iphone, jailbreak, and try again. I've restored twice now and each time the ONLY thing I install after I jailbreak is IntelliScreen (from cyida) and it does the same thing making my iPhone 3g (with newest FW) almost inoperable. Anyone else have this problems? Any ideas on why this is happening?
    I have EXACTLY the same problem with my iPhone 3G with jailbroken 2.1 Firmware.

Se this picture

Full size below
    http://www.imagebam.com/image/e8517314680254
    Last edited by GromitQ; 2008-10-02 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Adding picture

Lightbulb Late advice
    I know that my reply is late but I just downloaded IS and set everything up only to find out that Cydia/Installer/iBlacklist/SBSettings etc etc., were not functioning. they would pop up for 2 seconds and then return me back to the springboard. Disable IS, problem solved. However I like IS and wanted it to work. What I found the culprit to be in my case was the "App Launch Boost" option under performance in the IS settings. I switched this off and applied the settings, pressed the home button, and all is well. Hope this helps!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12