Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Transfering Playlist off of iPhone in Windows

Default Transfering Playlist off of iPhone in Windows
    Does anyone know if this is possible at all? I have a playlist with all my music on my iphone with all the tracks I like to sync, but I recently had to format my PC and I've lost the playlist. I'd like to retrieve it off of my iPhone rather than make it again 'cos it would take AGES.

16GB 2.5G iPhone running 2.1 F/W.

Thanks.

Unfortunately there are no applications made yet to bypass itunes for the Iphone. Your music is on the phone in folders but they are all filed in random code in random folders. You could ssh into your phone and drag all the files out but you would have to go through one by one and reenter all the names and information into itunes.

Unfortunately, I cannot seem to find where those files are right now... hahaha. But I will keep looking, and maybe someone else who reads this might have the folder extenxions to them.
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)

There are commercial products that can do this - see, for example, CopyTrans.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

No, I don't mean the music. The actual playlist file.

Thanks

Shoulda backed up your music folder
    To live, you have to lie

My music folder is backed up. I just want the playlist off of the iPhone. Stop ignoring what I'm saying. :S

Thanks

If you had backed up the proper folder then you would have backed up your playlists as well
    To live, you have to lie

I would think they are saved in some plist somewhere... but unfortunately, i don't know where they would be stored....

Oh, also, give me a break...... ITS A PLAYLIST.... lets try and solve some serious issues like trying to get the music off your phone... not PLAYLISTS...........
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)