Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Taskbar Notify for 2.0?

Default Taskbar Notify for 2.0?
    One of my favorite little utils for 1.1.x was Taskbar Notify. Does anything like that exist for 2.x? Closest I've seen is Intelliscreen, but it's way too much info for me. I'm looking for something more simple to just tell me quickly if I have unread emails and txts when I look at my lock screen.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Well, you can get intelliscreen and just not equip any of the other info and it'll still show the taskbar icons. I like Intelliscreen because it says how many email and sms messages you have.

DW

The problem with intelliscreen is that it hides the default SMS message popup when the screen is locked.

So you can't just hit the home button when the iPhone is asleep and read the message without unlocking the phone.

Instead, you have to setup an SMS message "window" which is always on the screen hiding your background, or set it on screen two which means you'd have to double tap the time everytime you want to see the message.

Am I incorrect?

Quote Originally Posted by nhbfan View Post
    One of my favorite little utils for 1.1.x was Taskbar Notify. Does anything like that exist for 2.x? Closest I've seen is Intelliscreen, but it's way too much info for me. I'm looking for something more simple to just tell me quickly if I have unread emails and txts when I look at my lock screen.
    I agree. And I had it for such a long time that at some point I thought those little notifying icons were part of stock Apple FWs and even started a thread on it, asking around what was going on!

We need Taskbar Notifier for 2.0. Intelliscreen is too involved
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3