Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Categories - questions

Default Categories - questions
    Hey

Can you please help me. plucked up the courage to try categories.

is the following correct:

To customise/have my own icons:
    simply ssh into cateories/icons and put whatever icons you want to inside here ... correct?

to update OFFICIAL PAID FOR apps:
    for example, i bought a card game: cards 1.0

i put it into category: GAMES.

An update v1.1 comes out for this game.
    i simply EDIT cards v1.0 OUT of GAMES category and put it on the springboad and update it via itunes or appstore on my touch. THEN i put it back into GAMES category.

similarly, if i want to delete cards v1.0. i have to take it out of GAMES category and ONLY THEN DELETE IT?

To update apps that i have not paid for because i am trying them (cracked apps)

is it the same as 'paid for' apps? (above)

Syncing/Backing up with it itunes

When i sync applications with my desktop...will it sync apps that are inside categories ?
    When i BACKUP applications with my desktop...will it BACKUP apps that are inside categories ?

Winterboard and categories

I am going to ssh icons into /cateories/icons ....BUT CAN I USE WINTERBOARD'S ICONS FOLDER to theme my categories? For example, in WB Icons folder i can put a icon called GAMES.. will this icon be the icon for my category: Games ? ( In theory
    this should work because Jay Freeman/Saurik says each categories is simply an application that launches others...)

Is there anything else I should know? anything at all...

Reason why i am so precautious is because when i first opened categories, there was a mesage from the great Jay Freeman (saurik) that cateories can be "dangerous" if you dont know what you're doing.

Thanking you

Sonny

one final qsn please:

to upate an app i have bought from the appstore.. do i have to take it out of the category , THEN update?

or can i update (via itunes or wifi) from within the category?

Thank you soo much
    Last edited by sonny123; 2008-09-21 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost