Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: REQ:Complete Guide to upgrade firmware from 1.1.1 to 2.x for Dummies

Default REQ:Complete Guide to upgrade firmware from 1.1.1 to 2.x for Dummies
    Hi,

I am still on firmware 1.1.1(yes i know its funny) .. but i never felt the need to upgrade until now..as i see lot of killer apps being developed for firmware 2.x...so now i guess is the time for my phone to get a new life.

So can one of you intelligent people please post a complete step by step guide for upgrading firmware 1.1.1 to 2.1(thts the latest i guess) + Jailbreaking + unlocking to work with any sim.

Would appreciate if some1 could also mention the DO's n DONT's, precautions, backup list, etc.

Would also appreciate a list of "CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT APPS"

Cheers...looking for a quick reply to this so that i can upgrade in a couple of days after a through study.

THNX

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

It really doesnt take much.

Download one of the custom firmwares that other users have shared. Or if you are using a Mac, get the newest Pwnage tool and build your own.

Upgrade iTunes to 8

Sync your phone to back up all your contacts and calendar data

Hit Shift+Restore

Select the firmware you downloaded

wait

Done

Quote Originally Posted by Chefanim View Post
    It really doesnt take much.

Download one of the custom firmwares that other users have shared. Or if you are using a Mac, get the newest Pwnage tool and build your own.

Upgrade iTunes to 8

Sync your phone to back up all your contacts and calendar data

Hit Shift+Restore

Select the firmware you downloaded

wait

Done
    Thnx buddy....
    now if some1 could post me links of a few custom firmwares with app list/other details so that i could get one of em n get going.

THnx