Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installing anything from Cydia causes all AppStore apps to crash

Default Installing anything from Cydia causes all AppStore apps to crash
    Hi, I'm just wondering if there's something I've missed in regards to this issue. Sorry if it's been covered somewhere and I'm just a tard.

The issue I'm having is this:

On a 2-day old iPhone 3G, I used pwnage to upgrade to 2.1. I installed all of my AppStore apps and was able to run all of them with no problems at all. They all run perfectly.

However, installing any app from Cydia causes every one of my AppStore apps to crash within 3 seconds of launching them. The Cydia apps all run perfectly, as do the "stock" iPhone apps, Installer and Cydia itself, but anything that's been purchased from the AppStore crashes almost immediately as soon as I install any app from Cydia.

This happens when I install AppStore apps only from the phone or when I install them from my Mac (properly authorized) via iTunes. I've tried deleting apps from both the phone and iTunes and re-downloading. I get the same result whether I re-download my AppStore apps from the phone or from iTunes on my Mac (i.e. AppStore apps work perfectly until something is installed via Cydia).

I've repeated this at least four or five times today, each time having restored with the Pwnage customized 2.1 firmware.

Any ideas? This is driving me nuts.
    Last edited by stumpy_C; 2008-09-15 at 08:51 AM.