Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customize and 2.1 firmware

Default Customize and 2.1 firmware
    Hello all -

I upgraded my iphone 3g to the new firmware, and quickpwned it. After installing customize from Cydia I tried to run it. The application launched fine, but when I click on "Theme Browser" I get the message "Files not found. Customize could not find the required files to run offline. Go online and run Customize to update the files." Does anyone know of a solution to this issue?

Thanks for any input -

mister wiggles

I'm having the same problem. I can still download themes and filesets, however I cannot apply them.

I'm guessing that there will be an update in a couple days that will fix Customize on 2.1

I am having the same issue as well ( with the file sets and themes missing). It didn't

even work when I ssh'd different themes I have created and put them into customize. I

really hope this is fixed soon!!

not sure what is going on but the website is now down, I hope it means they are fixing it
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

Thanks
    Thanked 2,225 Times in 871 Posts

Default customize 2.1
    same here try everything! only Edit System string works! i was couple thing that i still using customize hope they fix it fast!

that sucks hope it gets fix soon

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I would say it's not customize that broken.. it's their servers that crashed or are offline. Once the website comes back up retest the app.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

sgt sm00th (2008-09-15)

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I would say it's not customize that broken.. it's their servers that crashed or are offline. Once the website comes back up retest the app.
    No, that's not the issue, because even if you already have themes, the app wont apply them, so it's an issue with the app itself not working in 2.1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ACiB708 View Post
    No, that's not the issue, because even if you already have themes, the app wont apply them, so it's an issue with the app itself not working in 2.1
    nooo, ur wrong, i have customize on my 3G 2.1 firmware and what i did was ssh the themes and applied them with customize and all worked....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Latest rumor on IRC: Spicy Chicken may be abandoning the project. This would make sense since we haven't seen a single update since the app was ported to 2.0+. I guess we'll wait and see.

nooo, ur wrong, i have customize on my 3G 2.1 firmware and what i did was ssh the themes and applied them with customize and all worked....

ok - but how did you get the themes??

Thanks

I was able to SSH themes in last night , but since re-did the jailbreak today and was no longer able to get Customize to apply anything. I think it has something to do with the Cydia updates that came out today.

having issues even starting the app... I open it up, I see spicy chicken.. Then The app crashes and I'm back at the springboard.. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, reset my phi e and got nowhere.. I'm on the orig iPhone with 2.1 firmware btw.. Anyone got any ideas? It seems everyone has 3g these days..
    -Brian

iPhone 2G
    Windows XP Pro sp2

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

See... told ya..... http://www.modmyi.com/forums/native-...installer.html

More posts like this..........

so anybody fixed it?

How did you get the "System Strings" to work ? In my Customize, all the errors mentioned come up . Also the "Sytem Strings" is empy .. I really want to know how to change the System Strings.