Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: safariDL download folder not accessible in MobileFinder

Default safariDL download folder not accessible in MobileFinder
    After upgrading to 2.1

I can not get the download folder to open in mobilefinder....it seems to be a permission issue...

anyone with a similar issue or know how to fix it?

Default Cant open Downloads Folder in Mobile Finder
    I am having same issues as well. Created a symlink with WinScp. Worked before.

Thanks for any help!

ok working now. This will give you access to safariDL folder in MobileFinder. make a symlink of the mobile/Library/Downloads folder INTO the MobileFinder's Documents folder (in other words delete the mobile/Library/Downloads folder and make it a symlink). Call it something like Downloads, or whatever. Make SURE you set the owner to root and group to mobile and permissions of the Download folder and link to 777. I used iCommander to change the permissions. It didn't work until I did it with iCommander. Hope this helps someone.

Note: It stopped working again. Im not sure why. Will continue to work on it.
    Last edited by ceslen; 2008-09-15 at 10:27 PM.

Any luck, would love to get this to work

I can't even get the plug-in to work in 2.1. I have 3G iPhone running 2.1 FW. Installed SafariDL plug-in through Cydia and BossPrefs toggle. Despite restarting and toggling and waiting for spinner, each time I go back to Safari and click an .exe link I get the standard "Download Failed/Safari cannot download this file." Can someone at least confirm this is working for them in 2.1 FW when downloading an .exe file? I need to determine if this is specific to my phone and possibly the other things I have installed. Oh and I've already run chmod 777 on the folders with Terminal after changing login to root.

Default safariDL works
    Can confirm that safariDL works on 2.1 and can also confirm that .exe files download. AND can say that Saurik ported the old Mobile Finder to Cydia (YEAH!!!) so we have a finder that works system wide now as well. I made sure to donate more to him than I paid on that worthless piece of crap finder in the App Store. I don't know why I still even look in that place... I guess they have a few good games sometimes.