Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any way to set double tap home to always bring up ipod controls?

Default Any way to set double tap home to always bring up ipod controls?
    Hello all

I used to have an ipod touch, and have upgraded to an iphone 3G. It is jailbroken on firmware 2.1, and i love it

One small regression from the user interface in my opinion when going from itouch to iphone...

The "double tap home" feature goes to the ipod, favourites etc when you don't have music playing, rather than the ipod music controls (pause/play, volume etc. in a translucent box). I found this really useful on my ipod touch, as i could start playing a game, then put some music on halfway through without exiting the game, then shuffle through my music with the next button on this ipod controller.

Is there any way of setting the double tap to always go to the controller? Rather than one of the apps.

I would appreciate any response I'm sure it's possible, as i've seen people assign the double tap to other apps, but not yet someone assign it to the controller.

Cheers!

JellyUK

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

When I am playing music on my iPhone it defaults to the control screen of the iPod. Control screen meaning "<< || >>" The skip reverse, play/pause, skip fwd controls. I do not see an iPod favourites in my options.

The only other option is to turn on/off iPod controls when music is playing. Maybe you can set up a playlist and use this feature instead.

Settings--->General--->Home Button--->iPod. Underneath it is the iPod controls on/off.
    Last edited by CaptainChaos; 2008-09-13 at 11:09 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mrsidewayzz's Avatar
    Thanks

you should be able to fix that in the settings/home button area.
    mrsidewayzz
    iPhone 2G 16GB, iPod Classic 120GB
    MacBook 13.3" 2.0ghz 250GB 2GB
    YNSA, USN

I don't think you guys understand me I'll try to be clearer.

I want the translucent "iPod Control" box to come up every time that i double click home. Not the actual ipod app, not the phone favourites etc. Just the translucent rectangle with the handful of "buttons" in it for play, pause etc, along with the system wide volume control.

There is an option to never see this box when you double click home (in the settings), and options to see different apps instead (using appflow), but there isn't an option to always see the translucent box over whatever is on the screen at the moment.

I expect if this is possible (and i don't see why not...), it will involve editing the springboard plist or something, i just need a helping hand with what to do

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Right next to this thread is an Apps Request Thread. You can search it for what you are looking for and/or post a request for it

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Right next to this thread is an Apps Request Thread. You can search it for what you are looking for and/or post a request for it
    What i'm looking for isn't an app, more likely a short string that i need to edit in the springboard plist file. I just need some help working out what to edit

If it were an app, it would be more of the kind of script that can appear in cydia, one that doesn't actually install anything, just edits some system files (like the location fixes etc...).

Cheers for the response guys though