Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apps and 2.1

Thanks
    Default Nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by oo3 View Post
    I was able to use AppBackup finally. After a few hours of tinkering and restoring my phone, I simply changed the permissions to both /Applications/Appbackup and /var/...Appbackup to 777 and it started working.
    Hey, I am glad to hear that it worked for you. It is a brilliant idea, nice to see it work. I've restored so many times that it's almost automatic to get all of my apps and settings back to the way I like them.

It has been mentioned, but WinterBoard is back to working quite well. My badge is a little off kilter, but that could be a 5-Icon Dock issue, which has not been updated.

Doesn't 2.1 work stupendously, though? I love it!!!

Yeah I love the new update. I'm finally getting full bars at work w/ good download speed, and iTunes backup only takes a minute whereas iTunes 7 took two and a half hours with the same apps and settings I have currently.

dock 3.1 works more or less ok, but it refuces to show hidden (with categories) apps

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can anyone tell me if these apps are working
    $5.99 TZones Hack
    Cycorder
    Snapture
    MxTube
    BossPrefs
    Customize
    Flashlight (From Cydia not AppStore)
    Insomnia
    SpoofApp
    WinterBoard
    Maybe we can edit the OP with updates on which apps are working and which apps aren't working...

Quote Originally Posted by icedx2 View Post
    with mobilechat the keyboard is disappearing when u try to put the push notifications on
    same issue here , i really hope to see an update from mobilechat really soon, because sometimes it wont even sign in at all, crappy servers *sights*, and i really prefer mobilechat over IM+ or palringo because since the connection is server side in mobilechat, you can close the app for a while (up to 15 minutes i think) and still be signed in so that when you come back all of you conversation are there ... but it soesnt work.. lol crappy MChat

Quote Originally Posted by VBP2004EP3 View Post
    Can anyone tell me if these apps are working
    $5.99 TZones Hack
    Cycorder
    Snapture
    MxTube
    BossPrefs
    Customize
    Flashlight (From Cydia not AppStore)
    Insomnia
    SpoofApp
    WinterBoard
    Maybe we can edit the OP with updates on which apps are working and which apps aren't working...
    Read through this thread and you will get some answers...

Quote Originally Posted by ACiB708 View Post
    same issue here , i really hope to see an update from mobilechat really soon, because sometimes it wont even sign in at all, crappy servers *sights*, and i really prefer mobilechat over IM+ or palringo because since the connection is server side in mobilechat, you can close the app for a while (up to 15 minutes i think) and still be signed in so that when you come back all of you conversation are there ... but it soesnt work.. lol crappy MChat
    If you check out their blog, twenty08.com, you will see updates just about daily. They have submitted 3.1 which should fix every problem with AIM. It seems to be getting hung up with Apple's reviewing team. Just keep checking their blog...

Guys, use this thread for more discussion of apps with 2.1 firmware.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/native-...ml#post2197141
    Last edited by ajl917; 2008-09-16 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Apps lags when opening. It takes long to load. Has anyone experience this after JB?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    Read through this thread and you will get some answers...
    I did read through the thread and i didn't see all the answers. That's why I replied to this thread...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Pysl 2.0 something or other sort of works, except that it pays little attention to anything happening in real time. The notification would just come up randomly.

iBlacklist is the best out of the SMS popup killers, however, if you have the ipod music playing, it'll stop your music from playing when you get an SMS. Also if you have an alert setup for SMS it'll no longer pay attention to the ringer/silence switch. Very irritating.

Kate 2.0(Yes, I'm a retard and bought the damn thing before I knew they were ripping folks off...) It works as advertised but whenever you get a new SMS it RESPRINGS which is epically irritating. We'll see if those jack bags update it for 2.1... Meh...

Are there any other simple popup killers? I can't be having my SMS's popup in mah face...

Please keep on posting your problems with 2.1 so I can decide if I should upgrade or not. Thanks!
    iPhone 2G 8gb - version 1.1.4 unlocked/jailbreak (iLiberty+)
    iPhone 3G 8gb - version 2.1 unlocked (Universal Sim V550) / jailbreak (QuickPwn)
    iPhone 3G 8gb - version 3.0 unlocked (Ultrasn0w) / jailbreak (Redsn0w)

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyfone View Post
    Please keep on posting your problems with 2.1 so I can decide if I should upgrade or not. Thanks!
    totally worth it to upgrade.... Unless you have applications that are purchased and do not work, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOOSE and much to gain with the SOLID & STABLE 2.1.
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)

iPhone? More like MyPhone NArush's Avatar
    Thanks

I've got all my apps working smooth - except intelliscreen. I know they are coming out with a fix, but I found by clicking the home button in rapid succession 4 times, intelliscreen pops on and works perfectly. Otherwise, 2.1 is totally smooth!!

Nevermind
    Last edited by LastSonOfKrypton; 2008-09-16 at 11:24 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12