Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Tunnel Suite 2.7b Question

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone Tunnel Suite 2.7b Question
    I just installed the Suite and want to use it with the USB cord option.
    The problem I am running into is 1. I have no idea what I am doing, and 2. It asks for a wifi ip during the initial device setup, but I do not have a wifi connection.

I do not want to use it to tether...just to browse the files on my phone.

I'll try my best to explain this. I have recently used iphone tunnel suite. First you should open iTunes and then click the x at the top right after it recognizes your iPhone. Then you click on the Tunnel option from the suite and it will open up a cmd prompt asking for your password. Then you put the password "alpine" in and press enter. Sometimes the cmd prompt will load a message saying you got into it or something. Then you click on the WinSCP and it should allow access into your phone.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lprox5 For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (2008-09-13)

Thanks

Thank you for the explanation

This is what I had to do to SSH via USB:

First I turned on SSH in BossPrefs on my phone. (It is available in Cydia)

My problem lies where you first run the Suite a box named "First Launch" pops up. It asks for you to set up a device right away. I didn't realize that you can "X" out that box. It wants you to click "OK", but I just clicked the red X. It is only for Wifi setup. Without the IP settings it will keep giving you a popup in a language I don't know.

If you close the First Launch box using the red X the rest of the Suite will open and I chose "File Browser".

WinSCP automatically opens and entered this in the fields:

Host Name: 127.0.0.1
    User: root
    Password:alpine

I left the rest of the stuff alone and pressed "Login"

A security box pops up and gives you a warning with a bunch of options to choose from and I selected "Skip".

It connects and you can browse through your iPhone.

One thing I noticed when transferring files from the iPhone to a folder on my laptop is that you have to press F6 to move the files after highlighting all of the files you want to transfer. Dragging and dropping just copies them to the computer to a temporary folder that I cannot find using Search after.
    Last edited by CaptainChaos; 2008-09-13 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Forgot To Mention Something

I am glad I could help with your first problem, but I don't know where the temp folder could be. I will have to try sometime when I have time and tell you what happens for me.

Thanks

If you don't use F6(Move) then it automatically defaults to F5(Copy). I still haven't figured out where it copies them too. I know it is definitely not the folder that I dragged them into on the computer. Say for instance I drag songs from my phone to a folder I created called iPhone Music...they do not end up in that folder.

Have you tried just dragging them onto your desktop and then move them into a folder?

Thanks

Nope, but I will try it right now

Pressing F6 is no biggie really, but it irks me that I can't figure out where the files go when you choose "copy" instead.

**Edit**

Ok dragging and dropping onto the desktop copies the file to the desktop. I tried a video I downloaded on my phone. It plays on the computer using an mp4 player.

I have to figure out how to make the dragging feature move the files instead of copying. I will have to do some digging.
    Last edited by CaptainChaos; 2008-09-13 at 04:42 PM.

I am glad that worked for you, but yeah that is a hassle.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iphone tunnel suite 2.7
    is a nightmare or im not using it properly. I never had issues with 2.0. I have my iphone wifi ip and input it into the devices and then type password then i hit itunnel and iconnect and im unable to get it to connect i also tried hitting itunnel and file browse and no luck either. I'm using Vista with admin priv and no luck this is driving me insane. Any help is greatly appreciated...

i would prefer to use it like i use 2.0 thru my wifi i dont want to tether, I dont see why we cant do it that way. there has to be a way...
    Last edited by redbugsbunny; 2009-03-29 at 03:56 PM.