Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dock application screenshot problem

Question Dock application screenshot problem
    Ok I have been searching for this for a long time and cannot find it! Well i have the dock app, i dont like the "screenshot" app because the snap is on the top, well i have the dock app, 1.1.3 iphone unlocked and jailbroken, and when i take a screen shot it doesnt save in my "camera roll" i have atleast 1 picture in there and it still does not save. Very angering can someone please give me some advice thanks

anyone?

help
    Last edited by itzadeelio3; 2008-02-26 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have exactly the same problem. I think the only solution is to use the Screenshot.app. Sorry.
    Anyone interested in a trade? See here:
    Trade: 16GB iPod touch + case + speakers + CASH for 16GB iPhone

Windows, just another pane in the glass.

anybody else any suggestions? if yalls works?

I have the same problem and no one seems to answer me also... so I dont think the DOCK screenshot will work.. you would think who ever made it would just go in and point it to store in the new folder but... I dont know... Anyone know how to make this work...

it is Working, It's just not saving to the right place :P

I have the exact same problem. Sadly, there isn't a fix for this, but you CAN retrieve any screenshots taken if you use iPhoneBrowser on your PC. Still not following?

Well, in 1.1.1 when jailbroken, the Camera Roll location was /var/root/Media/DCIM/..
    but now in 1.1.3 and 1.1.4, the new Camera Roll location is /var/mobile/Media/DCIM/..
    but Screenshots still save to the old location. So you'll have to navigate to that folder and drag them over until a fix is made for this. I know, it's really annoying, I wish somebody would fix this, as I only use DOCK for the screenshot taking, and the Screenshot app isn't so good.

~ The wonderful world of iPod ♫

My solution to this problem was to create a symlink to the mobile user's DCIM directory. (Assuming you've already taken at least one photo, to create the mobile user's DCIM directory.)

If you ssh as root to the iPhone, you can do something like this:

> cd /var/root/Media
    > ln -s /var/mobile/Media/DCIM ./DCIM

This links the "real" DCIM directory, where all camera photos get stored, to the subdir under root where Dock writes its photos. Screenshots from Dock will then be written to the actual photo location, and show up in the Photo app.

I hope that makes sense. I've been using this workaround since I installed 1.1.3, and it works fine for me.

Hi Riftweaver..

Noobie here.. how would I run the commands that you r suggesting for windows user. I can access the phone directories thru WinSP.

Can ths line be run from the command prompt in windows or please suggest any app from the installer that allows you to run such commands.. Thanx

Works For Me!

you can open up a terminal window in winscp or use a terminal program from installer to issue those commands as stated above.