Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weather icon fix....not quite a fix

Default Weather icon fix....not quite a fix
    I noticed an app called "weather icon fix" this morning which gets round the problem of the icon not changing when you select different themes. I installed it and it deleted my weather icon !!! Not quite the "fix" i was looking for....even if i uninstall this app, my icon is still missing. How can i get it back ?

Same issue with me, I lost the original weather icon. Can someone post the original weather.app for 1.1.3 so I can restore it back. With winscp

Thanks

What it does is change the file "Info.plist" in the weather.app dir. However the rights get messed up. Just change the rights to 0775 and your icon will come back

Where does 0705 go in the info.plist how do you change it?

Default to whome made this "FIX"
    Your a tard and probably have made a whole bunch of people restore there phone to get that damn weather icon back. God what a pain.

im having the same problem how do you fix this **** its pissing me off.

Quote Originally Posted by BlakeB View Post
    im having the same problem how do you fix this **** its pissing me off.
    It caught me out too. Do the following:

Ensure OpenSSH (or Term-vt100) and BSD Subsystem are installed

1. SSH to your iphone (or run Term-vt100)

2. type the following:
    chmod 664 /Applications/Weather.app/Info*

3. Reboot your iPhone.

Hope that helps.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sproglet For This Useful Post:

mawf (2008-02-23)

Sproglet, you are a ******* life saver. Thank you so much!!!

you are a star - worked perfectly!

Looked at some other forums.. and a guy mailed the developer, he will post a fix tonight (see below)

I got an email from the developer, he will post a fix tonight (see below)

"Hey Man,

I am sooooooo sorry about this, Seriously i messed up, The icon fix IS a valid fix but when it installs it sets the permissions to 000, Don't worry, there will be a fix tonight, itll put your icon back AND itll let you theme it....

So sorry again, Please try not to be pissed with me,
    Any Further questions just email me back....

this way worked for me:

I un installed and reinstalled but when that didnt work I used "poof" I was able to see the weather icon in there so I hid it and unhid it when my springboard re booted I had a brand new Aqwoah weatrher icon instead of the stock one

a bit of a fluke but it might work for you
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

Thanks

I have a Info.plist fix for this, but i am unable to copy and paste it in here, if you PM me i will mail it to you.

I put in /Applications/Weather.app

Make sure you make a backup of your original Info.plist, and then overwrite.

Nick

I have a Info.plist fix for this, but i am unable to copy and paste it in here, if you PM me i will mail it to you.

I put in /Applications/Weather.app

Make sure you make a backup of your original Info.plist, and then overwrite.

Nick
    Last edited by nickh; 2008-02-23 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This has just ****** my phone up big time, well its lead to it anyway. While fixing the file permissions with term100 using the above method I made a mistake and it wouldn't let me backspace out.

so I hit return on a line that said chmod 667 /a A and then the symbols the backspace key made.

It then went to a new line and I did the chmod as above and all seemed fine. I rebooted the phone and now its just stuck at the apple logo and iBrickr or Ziphone won't detect it.

What do I do to fix it? HELP!

Thanks

Here's a real fix (to use your own weather icons)

1. SSH your iphone and go to /Application/Weather.app/
    2. copy Info.plist to your desktop
    3. go to this link Binary to XML converter (http://140.124.181.188/%7Ekhchung/cgi-bin/plutil.cgi)
    4. Click browse on their website and locate your info.plist
    5. Click convert and save your file
    6. Open the converted info.plist in notepad
    7. locate and delete <key>SBIconClass</key> & <string>SBWeatherApplicationIcon</string>
    8. paste back the info.plist in your /Application/Weather.app/ folder
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

carromeu (2008-03-15), martogi (2008-03-24), mindxpert (2008-03-18), rejuven8 (2010-02-09), ryanthusar (2008-03-06)

Thank you Eurisko!

If worked perfectly

Ryan

P.S. Yes, I pressed "thanks" :-)

where do you type chmod 664 /Applications/Weather.app/Info* ?????

Quote Originally Posted by dsapp22 View Post
    where do you type chmod 664 /Applications/Weather.app/Info* ?????
    You need to SSH into the iphone to run that command. Or if you have the VT-100 terminal app installed you can type the command there.

A better way, if you prefer to keep the original Info.plist safe and at its original place...

Fix the Info.plist file as described above by Eurisko (if you're one a Mac, open it with Property List Editor and delete the "SBIconClass" line with the "Delete" button).
    Then, create a WinterBoard theme (or edit the one you create), and add a "com.apple.weather" folder in the "Bundles" folder (create if not exists), and put the Info.plist file in it !
    Then put your theme to the Theme.xXxXx folder and select it in Winterboard !

That's All Folks !

Thanks to Eurisko for the Info.plist tip
    Please excuse my English...

Does anyone have a working link for the binary converter it doesnt work anymore :-( thanks :-D