Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stuck at Apple/Spinning Wheel

Default Stuck at Apple/Spinning Wheel
    Well, this isn't looking good...

I just installed AppFlow via AFP, changed the permissions via Squid, and simply turned my phone off and back on again. Now I'm looking at a black screen with the Apple logo on it.

It's acting weird though, which is what makes me think there may be a way of saving it. It will sit at the Apple for a while... then the screen will go black... then the Apple will come back up and the spinning wheel is then spinning on top of the Apple. It eventually goes black again and repeats the process.

Another weird thing is that if I connect it to my computer, iTunes/iPhoto recognize it as working normal. I just synced my photos and it worked fine. Should I go ahead and sync the iPhone in case I do need to restore it? I don't want to try syncing it, run into problems, and lose the last "good" sync I have.

Any tips for me?? The sooner the better... this is my only phone!

Thanks!

Since I never got any responses... I'm just restoring.

...now to spend a bunch of time reinstalling/customizing
    Last edited by billchase2; 2008-02-22 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

do you know how many apps you've installed? perhaps you went over your limit and may need to ssh into the phone to delete some apps

MINE DID THE SAME THING AND i RESTORED IT TO 1.1.3 AND THEN RAN ZIPHONE 2.4B TO JAILBREAK AND EVEYTHING IS FINE.

Same happened to mine, only with SummerBoard for 1.1.3. I restored about twenty times, eventually restored and ran the verbose boot command to see what the problem was, installed SMB, restarted and it booted fine, 1.1.3 acting exactly like 1.1.1 with all the new features. I dont know how I fixed it, but I think the verbose boot mode had something to do with it.
    !ROHT YTHGIM EHT MA I

what i ended up having to do was actually ditch my backup on my computer and start a new one. after doing that, everything seems to work great.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

hey billchase2 did you get your iphone working already? i have the same problem as you do. by the way what is SSH?

When Stuck at Apple/Spinning Wheel, pluck into PC and start iphone browser, You will be able to see your files. delete the last application that you had installed and restart. that should solve the problem

My iPhone is a Part of Me zsuns's Avatar
    Thanks

You need to open up your SSH client, and uninstall a few apps, perferably ones that take up a large amount of space, or that you don't use.

I had this problem 3 times, and had to re-jailbreak each time, so i know exactly what your problem is.

Default New SummerBoard might do the trick
    If you have near 80 apps then you have reached the max and that is the problem, ssh in and remove some apps you don't need. Then upgrade to SummerBoard 3.2. It removed the 80 app limit. Now all should be fixed... hopefully.
    iPhone 3GS, 32GB, 4.0, AT&T
    iPad 3G, 16GB, 3.2, jailbroken

does anyone know how to uninstall the Advanced Preferences package? I don't want to go messing with things i don't know in preferences.app and screw the iphone up even more.