Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with iPod functions on iPhone?

Default Help with iPod functions on iPhone?
    Hi. Newbie question time:

Frustrating me infinitely---I had an iPod Touch for over a year, got iPhone (old model) which is unlocked/Jailbroken to v2.0 now. I bike to work every day and run the iPod on shuffle mode. I use the phone's apps/functions all day long as my organizer, etc. and then go to bike home at the end of the day, expecting to go back to iPod in shuffle mode and continue...

Not the case. It usually goes back to just the main window and I have to select all songs again, then shuffle, etc.

Is there a way to do it / am I doing something wrong?

thanks

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

hmmmmmmmmm.....if youre on the song tab...at the very top of the page, there should be a shuffle button..just tap that.

Sorry, perhaps I'm not explaining well enough.

I start my day in shuffle mode in iPod on the iPhone.
    I get to work, pull out my earbuds, use the phone as organizer, apps, etc. outside of iPod mode.
    I leave again, switch back to iPod mode and it does not LEAVE OFF WHERE I WAS...I have to start again in shuffle (a lot of times, hearing same old songs).

My Touch would remember what song I was on and just continue going on down the line.

Perhaps this clarifies more:
    in terms of windows, the Touch would revert back to the last song/album I was on and continue in shuffle.

the iPhone when I re-engage iPod mode, goes back to the main page / albums list and I have to HIT all songs...shuffle...which I shouldn't have to do!