Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What do we KNOW intelliscreen conflicts with?

There is definitely a conflict between Winterboard and Intelliscreen (on jailbroken 2.0.2 3G iPhone). I'm bummed -- love them both but evidently I have to choose which one I want more...

Hoping someone comes up with a solution. (If there was one in the above posts, I must have missed it...)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zurie View Post
    <root> / Library / MobileSubstrate / DynamicLibraries / Dock2.dylib (symb link)

you can just "move" dock2.dylib up 1 directory by dragging it on the ".." folder in winSCP. just navigate into the dynamic libraries and slide that lib out of that folder... since its just a symb link it just prevents that from loading... it basically removes dock2...

also, the prefs for dock2 are in:

/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.natetrue.dock2.plist
    /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.natetrue.dock2.backup.plist

try deleting those and it will just give you a fresh dock2 config with defaults.

the rest of the files for dock2 are in

/private/var/stash/Applications.xxxx/dock2prefs.app

but if you delete that you will still have a dynamic library symb link that is refrencing to nothing, so make sure you don't have that in the mobile substrate libraries which I explained above.. in fact do that part first and try it out.

let me know where you are in your troubleshooting and whats happening with the phone.

my intelliscreen 2.1 is working better than ever. i havent had a freeze, hang, crash, or anything lately! knock on wood. i still havent even updated to iphone 2.0.2 although I think OS 2.0.2 is geared more towards actual system fixes and prolly doesn't change mobilesubstrate and intelliscreen that much...
    Well I don't have dock, but I still has the two preference files in mobileS. I deleted those and reloaded intelliscreen from cydia.

Still having issues. What else you got?

I am running original iPhone with 2.02 firmware. I recently had to do a full restore after a bad crash. My phone was completely locked up. Nothing would get it booted back up. I suspected Intelliscreen might have been the problem so I left it off my phone. One thing I have noticed since removing Intelliscreen is that my battery life has greatly improved. Anyone know if Intelliscreen does indeed use more power? I wonder if it's always running in the background using power.

Thanks

i am running, and have been running since 2.0, Intelliscreen with Winterboard, and every other app i have downloaded from cydia or the appstore.

i have had slow boot ups, messages from intelliscreen telling me about conflicts but it still runs fine and doesnt affect the phone at all.

intelliscreen is the best app out for the iphone, i cant believe that apple haven't made something similar already!
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    intelliscreen is the best app out for the iphone, i cant believe that apple haven't made something similar already!
    Well, there's a lot Apple COULD have done, but haven't. Whatever reason that is, I don't know. Obviously they feel it is a security flaw in some way, they won't even let intelli into the app store.

Quote Originally Posted by zurie View Post
    I've been working with the intelliscreen beta testors to get my intelliscreen working. Here are my experiences.

1) I have never - never - never had to do a full restore or ANYTHING like that when my intelliscreen locks up, crashes, or etc... so if you are doing a restore, you don't have to.

all you have to do is SSH into your phone using either wifi or iphone tunnel. you can do this at the BOOT screen... where you see your pinapple or whatever logo... give it like 30 seconds on the boot and you will have SSH running... trust me...

2) Intelliscreen uses mobilesubstrate. So does winterboard, so does Dock2 (natetrue) so does the 5icon dock from sauruk. So it boils down to the mobilesubstrate apps being the issues...

3) I recently just installed categories, updated intelliscreen, and etc and I was getting issues. the problems turned out to be that I had "CORRUPTED DOCK2 PREFS". I deleted the dock2 prefs and my intelliscreen instantly booted up and worked.

So you wanna know what isn't compatible??

here is a list...

I have "EVERYTHING" running. 5 icon dock, dock2 (natetrue), intelliscreen, metasploit3, full toolchain, everything possible installed in cydia, emulators, games, apps, winterboard, custom wallpapers in winterboard, javascript on the .html winterboard, custom boot icons, custom sounds, custom EVERYTHING, custom system font... etc etc etc.

I also had 15 pages of icons... no issues.. also ran poof and removed em all, no issues...

so at this point, there really isn't a program that I can't run or am not running that doesn't work with intelliscreen.

also am running 3G 16GB iphone with OS 2.0, intelliscreen 2.1, dock2 3.1, winterboard (latest), 5icondock latest, 1.5gig system partition, 13 gig media partition, make it mine. custom icons, categories, customize, etc etc etc...

if you have a crashing / freezing issue, SSH and goto

private/var/mobile/Library/Intelliborn/intelliConfig.xml

and change this line:

<key>disabled</key>
    <string>true</string>

and it will be flagged as disabled. then you can reboot your iphone manually and it should boot with intelliscreen off, at which you can then backup your iphone and start removing some stuff... preferebly the dock2 prefs, if you are running that and categories.. etc. etc..
    How did you have 15 pages of icons when apple limited it to 9 pages even 2.0.1 had that limitation..icons stop showing up after 9 pages. Is there an app to remove this limit cause a search on this site shows others hitting same limit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12