Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to release an app?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Someone jump to firmware 2.2? Auto Airplane Mode doesn't work any more on my iphone :P.
    Last edited by nuxun; 2008-11-27 at 08:52 PM.

Give this one a shot for 2.2. Note that all I have been able to test is that it compiles and the code executes.

Edit: The first version posted for V2.2 had issues. Apple changed a number of their private API's for V2.2. Right now you will have to make due with only disabling the phone. WiFi is unaffected.

Remember to "chmod +s launchctl" in the application directory after copying the files over to your iPhone.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by vsc; 2008-11-29 at 02:06 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vsc For This Useful Post:

jrentzke (2008-12-09), nuxun (2008-12-05)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hei VSC,

YATTA! Everything works right for me! And again auto airplane mode!

thank you very much for fixing

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Hey this is great - mind if we post to Cydia?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi VSC:

I really love your app and have been missing it a lot since I moved on from FW 1.1.4. Thanks for porting it to the 2.X FW.

I need some guidance as I have not been able to make it work on my 2.1 Gen-1 iPhone. I can see the app on spring board, I can change enable and disable times (You can see the changes on the com.mode.plist) but I can NOT get thet active / incative button to remain selected after I close anf open the app. I PS -A and can see the Daemon running, and 755 (& 777) the files... and tested (within 20min after the changes) and can not get it to go into airplane mode... when I open the app it seems to always be inactive (?). Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!! - I am using WINscp and SSH.

Thanks!

Hector

Did you do this:

Remember to "chmod +s launchctl" in the application directory after copying the files over to your iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by vsc View Post
    Give this one a shot for 2.2. Note that all I have been able to test is that it compiles and the code executes.

Edit: The first version posted for V2.2 had issues. Apple changed a number of their private API's for V2.2. Right now you will have to make due with only disabling the phone. WiFi is unaffected.

vsc, thanks a lot for making this compatible with v2.2

One thing, the selection restriction is back again. (remember you took the restriction out before)
    For 'Enable' I can only select 12h, and I want 11. (Enable: 11:55 PM, Disable: 5:59 AM)

Thanks!
    Last edited by jrentzke; 2008-12-09 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi there jrentzk,

Yes I did chmod +s launchctl from WINScp while inside the app folder...

I can again see the daemon running but every time I open the app I can see the inactive button is selected (it is darker). I tap on it to change it to active then hit save... but the setting does not prevail.

Is there any way to edit a plist or other file to force the active button?

Thanks!

PS - a Cydia installer would be awesome!

Maybe try this as-well:

chmod +s /bin/launchctl

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jrentzke For This Useful Post:

asolar (2008-12-22)

Default i could not manage to run airplane app
    Hi,

First of all this application is the most useful app i have ever seen on iphone. I am using iphone 3g and want to use this beautiful app but could not manage to. i have read all of 6 page posts but there is something wrong with my installation i think... I can see airplane app on my aplications list but when i want to enter to the application it can not open, return back to the main iphone desktop. what can be wrong? Would you mind if i want to ask you a brief installation way of the application on 3g phones. i can use itunes with mobileinstallationfix or winscp etc...

Thank you

Maybe you are missing these files attached.

They go in:

/Library/LaunchDaemons/

Normally apps behave like that when the permissions are wrong. Make sure the Airplane & Airplaned binary has 755 set.

I could only get mine to activate once I did this:

chmod +s /bin/launchctl
    chmod +s /Applications/Airplane.app/launchctl

then reboot.
    Last edited by jrentzke; 2008-12-22 at 10:47 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jrentzke For This Useful Post:

asolar (2008-12-24)

You are great! thank you it works...
    it is all about missing airplane and airplaned files permission missing...

happy

Default Great App
    Great! but i couldnt get it to work. I have YellowSn0w installed. Is that make it conflict?

VSC:
    Can I tell the command line for manual turn in Airplane Mode On and Off? I want to add in Bosspref, the add-on doesn't work neither.

There has been a nagging memory leak in the daemon with the V2.2 of the iPhone operating system / frameworks. Attached is an update that tries to avoid the problem.

With respect 3G and yellowsn0w first let me say that I don't have a 3G iPhone and it is unlikely that I will get one anytime soon. Thus it is impossible for me to debug this issue.

If Bigboss's app has issues disabling the phone then it isn't a surprise as we both use the same framework calls.
    Last edited by vsc; 2009-01-16 at 04:00 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to vsc For This Useful Post:

jrentzke (2009-01-05)

The last two versions leaked memory. Attached is the fix. Please update as soon as possible.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345