Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NES emulator not working

Default NES emulator not working
    I had no more than a week ago the NES emulator and about 15-20 roms running on my phone. I had to restore my phone, and now the emulator wont work. I open it and it displays a message saying upload roms to "/var/root/Media/ROMs/NES", and that is exactly where they are.

Follow this link below and you will see that the roms are in the place they are supposed to be.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b186/rkyle2k5/NES.jpg

I just had this working on 1.1.3 no more than a week ago like I said, and I am completely baffled here. Any help would be appreciated.

For me, the roms run out of /var/mobile/Media/ROMs/NES

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    For me, the roms run out of /var/mobile/Media/ROMs/NES
    What version of the NES.app are you using? I am using 2.0.1 I believe and it says to put the roms in - var/root/Media/ROMs/NES

Quote Originally Posted by rkyle80 View Post
    What version of the NES.app are you using? I am using 2.0.1 I believe and it says to put the roms in - var/root/Media/ROMs/NES
    I downloaded 2.0.1 to get the the stuff setup, then I replaced it with 2.0.5 from Zdziarski's website and have an operating NES 2.0.5 on 1.1.3

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    I downloaded 2.0.1 to get the the stuff setup, then I replaced it with 2.0.5 from Zdziarski's website and have an operating NES 2.0.5 on 1.1.3
    Ok, I installed the 2.0.5 version and everytime I start it up, I get a white screen for about 5-10 seconds, and then it goes back to the springboard. Any suggestions?

Another thing, when I look at my ROMs folder, I have NES, PSX, SNES, and GBA. Inside each one of those folders there are about 20 more folders with the same name. For example: /var/root/Media/ROMs/NES/NES/NES/NES/NES/NES/NES/NES, and so on and so on. I also have the same setup in the var/mobile/Media/ROMs folder as well.

I have tried numerous times to delete the folders out of my phone, and I refresh my files, and they all magically come back! WTF? LOL

Can somebody let me know if this is the way these folders should be in my phone or not? If they arent, then I guess I will just have to restore my freakin phone AGAIN!

Ok, do you people not understand what I am asking or what? Are you guys telling me that out of all the people that have looked at this thread, no one knows if my folders are supposed to be set up the way they are on my phone or not? Its really not that difficult of a question. I would post this on the iROM forum, but I cant cuz they have not sent me my activation email yet for some reason. Can somebody take their thumb out of their *** and just answer my question? THANKS!
    Last edited by rkyle80; 2008-02-15 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost