Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Boss Prefs crashes Phone app when Edge turned off...is there a fix?

Default Boss Prefs crashes Phone app when Edge turned off...is there a fix?
    The phone app crashes when edge is turned off using Boss Prefs. Not only that, I also notice the battery drains incredibly fast when this happens if I leave the iphone off. The usage timer seems to indicate the iphone is on the entire time even though it was off.

I have iPhone 3g on ver 2.0.1 running BossPrefs v. 2.12b

Anyone found a way to fix this? I really want the ability to turn data on/off myself.
    Last edited by tallshorty; 2008-08-28 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Bossprefs, boss pref, crash, phone crash

I'm getting something kind of similar. I installed Cycorder from Cydia and my phone froze. When trying to reboot, it gets stuck on the White Apple Logo. I have to do a full restore (Pwnage Tool-the most recent version) with 2.02 firmware. It will work, but then when I try to install BOSS PREFS.

I performed a full restore, and did not use a previous backup, and it still will freeze, restart and then stay locked when I restart the phone. I've also noticed that I when I do the firmware restore and sync that my screen on the phone does not say that it is SYNCING with the green battery.

Any ideas of what to do?

(1st Gen 16 gb iPhone, 2.0.2-5C1 firmware, PWNED and unlocked t-mobile)

anybody with a solution?

seriously...does no one else have this problem????

It happens to me too, I just figured it needs at least EDGE to load up your visual voicemail, and recent call times and info. Have you tried turning EDGE off through settings?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeymcco View Post
    It happens to me too, I just figured it needs at least EDGE to load up your visual voicemail, and recent call times and info. Have you tried turning EDGE off through settings?
    Edge cannot be turned off through Settings.

My gf is on the legit 2.0.2 firmware (so have the updated baseband) and the Edge toggle works for her. We have exactly the same apps installed so I think this might be related to the baseband version.

Can anyone confirm this?

of what i have read it is a memory issue..

it doesn't make a difference if you use bosspref of sbsettings,
    my iPhone crashes 5 out of 10 times when toggling EDGE.

i will now start to monitor the free ram every time i toggle to see if it really is a mem issue and post back here

well..

opened up a few app till i had left 12mb ram, pressed the toggle and.....
    it toggled and.. freed about 12mb so i had left 24mb (?!)

ok again.. now more apps
    10mb left.. pressed the toggle and..... it crashed!

well seems it is a mem problem, kill some processes or free ram before toggling
    Last edited by oppermafkees; 2009-05-06 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Typo ;)