Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How can I relocate Fonts folder back by using Bosstool?

Default How can I relocate Fonts folder back by using Bosstool?
    I used Bosstool to relocate and free up my diskspace already but I would like to occasionally undo files relocation back just in case in the future.
    How can I do?
    Thank heaps.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I'd be interested in know how to put things back or reverse the affects of bosstools...I'm beginning to wonder if that is why I continue to have problems viewing ebooks from "ebooks by Chris"....all of the ones that I install using installer I get an error stating that the correct fonts can not be found.......anyone else having a similar issue?

Seems like you have to move everything back manually at least with applications not sure if its the same with fonts...

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss View Post
    Quote:
    Is there any easy way to undo these symbolic links should I need to at some point in the future ?

Not without using SSH and typing commands at the terminal. You would need to delete the link and move the apps back from /var/Applications to /Applications.
    Well my problem was solved by changing permissions on the ebooks.......
    Last edited by ripped53; 2008-02-11 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

im not 1000 percent on this but just reclick relocate fonts.... tell me if it works
    If i helped hit Thanks!

Default Thank you for replying
    BTW,I have now copied all of them before pressing Relocate button already.So,I'm obscure and not clear how to redo.Finally,I don't get any problem after relocating Fonts folder so far. anybody else have any issues?
    Thank heaps.

Hi, I downloaded BossTool v.0.35 and tried to relocate fonts and applications, but the 'timer' (the thing that looked like clock) took a spin and stopped, nothing seemed changed. What can I do ?

And before I run BossTool, I removed all 3rd party applications, I still have 3MB left out of 266MB on /, while 2GB free out of 7.4GB on /var. The figures are rather different from yours ??

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Aladdin View Post
    Hi, I downloaded BossTool v.0.35 and tried to relocate fonts and applications, but the 'timer' (the thing that looked like clock) took a spin and stopped, nothing seemed changed. What can I do ?

And before I run BossTool, I removed all 3rd party applications, I still have 3MB left out of 266MB on /, while 2GB free out of 7.4GB on /var. The figures are rather different from yours ??
    identical problem at my end w/ BossTools .35 on my iPhone that was DFU restored to 1.1.4 and activated/jailbroken/unlocked using ZiPhone for OSX... i moved the /Applications folder manually as BossTools has never seemed to work for that on my phone, but don't know how to do for /Fonts or /Ringtones.

could be related, but i have also noted that i cannot add Wallpapers by downloading through the Installer. they show up as white squares under the Wallpapers section in Settings, very odd.

any clarification or instruction would be great friends..!