Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MySpace App :)

Default MySpace App :)
    This simple app opens Safari and takes you to the home page of MySpace.com! I figured there were a few MySpace fans out there! It even has a nice little MySpace icon that I made, that comes with it!

Download
    Last edited by ToxicFTW; 2007-09-03 at 02:15 AM.

32GB iPod Touch 2nd Gen

u should alter that app slightly, so that it reads from a pref file what url to point to...

we could replace the safari on the home screen with this, so that when u click it, it opens safari, which you don't see on the main screen

it will be as if safari had built in home-page support....... something i want, and i have seen other people asking about....

at the very least, we could have another app on the screen alongside safari

it doesnt seem like too big of an alteration

anyone else like the idea?

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

if you move the safari app into the special section of the displayorder.plist file it will not show, and this one will show instead.. you can put the original safari icon.png icon in this ones place, and bam you have safari with a home page

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

...but MySpace.com? oh no.

3rd Party iPhone Apps This forum is for apps which run directly on the iPhone itself, NOT through Safari.

I didn't really know which forum to put this in, but since it has a SpringBoard icon, and its not just a bookmark IN Safari, I put it in this one. If any moderator feels it should be moved, by all means, do so!

Quote Originally Posted by unclear View Post
    ...but MySpace.com? oh no.
    Try this!
    Last edited by ToxicFTW; 2007-08-23 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

32GB iPod Touch 2nd Gen

this certainly is NOT an app that runs through safari, it is on the iPhone itself, you put it in the right place.... lets just assume that Root can't read

edit: an i guess we couldnt ask for more in regard to what i was asking about, nice find.... the apper will come in handy

this doesnt work....can u go step by step how to make it work please?

Quote Originally Posted by r00t4rd3d View Post
    3rd Party iPhone Apps This forum is for apps which run directly on the iPhone itself, NOT through Safari.
    actually this thread is for file mods and iphone based programs, this would be a tough one between 3rd party apps and 3rd party web apps.

a file mod would be something like speeding up mail checking.

good work, kinda fun lol

I made a new icon for it, if anyone wants to use it, rename it to icon.png, and replace the icon in the MySpace.app folder.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

32GB iPod Touch 2nd Gen

there can't possibly be a debate here, it is a program that was put on the iPhone, despite the fact that all it does is open safari to said page, it even has its own icon on the springboard

All these apps are showing up as .plist how do I get ibtickr to install this. It asks for a PXL not .plist extension.

where do you put the files at????

Quote Originally Posted by rupchurc View Post
    All these apps are showing up as .plist how do I get ibtickr to install this. It asks for a PXL not .plist extension.
    Quote Originally Posted by tam View Post
    where do you put the files at????

use winSCP and put these files in the applications folder .. and right click on the embark file in the folder go in properties and change the octal to 0755
    restart ur phone or spring board and it will show up

if u dont know what winSCP is go in guides and look for how to install third party apps with winSCP

but how do you change permissions using cyberduck-open ssh?

Quote Originally Posted by billionheir View Post
    but how do you change permissions using cyberduck-open ssh?
    right click then hit info and then their should be check boxes, check all of them for 777

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

y on earth would you dig this up
    there is already a myspace app-store app and all this app really is is a webclip that you could easily make your self in safari
    but to answer your question yes do it with ssh/cyberduck change the permission to 777 or 775 you can aslo do it with squid and mobile finder wich you can download from installer
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

What should I do if I cant see the Mypasce.app in my applications folder, after being installed via the appstore? If it's not there, where is it?