Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: the real reason why rip dev wont let us use winterboard

Default the real reason why rip dev wont let us use winterboard
    "Pretty much the most requested application for iPhoneOS 2.x has been SummerBoard. Unfortunately, RiPDev is busy writing a new Installer for 2.x (the branding for which they bought off of NullRiver, whom I hope made a pretty penny on that transaction), which means no SummerBoard, not for us. (Also, RiPDev seems like they are going to be selling a similar product via Installer, so its unlikely that they are going to want the competition from anything free.)"
    - from iPhone Theming on WinterBoard - Jay Freeman (saurik)

rip dev can suck my ***, i cannot get kate to install for the life of me now after repwning anyway, and the installer SUCKS!!!

my suggestion is, (which isnt the just click of a button im sure) the maker of winterboard find a way for a 5 icon dock, find a way to change fonts, and give labels to the fonts for springboard, making kate obsolete and we can all be happy (show them whos boss saurik, dont let them decide who can and cant use your program)

i understand that alot of work goes into kate and installer, but if there gonna be a ***** about it, it all comes down to money, but blocking someone elses program because u wanna make that buck is a messed up way to do business
    Last edited by rasbill; 2008-08-23 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i agree! and when somone pays $45 for it they shouldnt have to put up with crap like that

Completely agree with you guys....Rip Dev is charging WAY more than apps on AppStore that give you a lot more for your money, AND the apps on AppStore don't tell you to uninstall another program to make the program you payed for work! It's stupid and I will never give away my money to them ever again! They can't take something away that the customers paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by rasbill View Post
    rip dev can suck my ***,
    lmfao

Can someone clue me in as to what the issue is here? The OP doesnt really make things clear. Is Kate not compatible with WinterBoard or something?

Hopefully if you bought kate, they wont charge for the new summerboard... Being that it was an old feature of Kate, current owners should get it free.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

They are selling summerboard? Man f**k ripdev, russian a$$holes. My 6mo subscription is up in october and i will def not be renewing
    iLive an iLife

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bbplayer5 View Post
    Hopefully if you bought kate, they wont charge for the new summerboard... Being that it was an old feature of Kate, current owners should get it free.
    I shaw as hell hope so, I forked out $AU49.00 for unlimited use of Kate, now I am unable to use it at all (along side winterboard) would rather use winterboard.
    I have mailed the rip dev numerous times with a outburst or 2, and also asked for a refund, but still no word on that!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Real_Iphonecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks

Its time to drop Rip-Dev all together, there's no place in the iPhone comunity for money grabing snidy people and that's what they are.

I've been saying for a few weeks now that Installer is no longer needed.

Jay ( Saurik) has made a much more stable platform foe the iPhone and it's time we all stood behind him and show him that we all apreciate his work and the complete oposite for Rip-Dev we should stop using and certainly stop buying there products if this is how they are going to behave.

Well that's my opinion on it anyway.

IphoneCrazy

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

^ co-sign
    iLive an iLife

Yes, I recommend we boycott RipDev.

Cydia is the future.

Thanks

Installer 5! The app you've (not really) been waiting for! Amazing new features!
    Search, Crash to SpringBoard, and Reboot Loop; all built in!

Just $45.
    (a month)
    Last edited by dale1v; 2008-08-27 at 09:59 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dale1v For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (2008-09-02)

No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev, No More Rip-Dev!!!!!!!!!!

Now I'm not saying that people arent entitled to making money for their product.... (we all know, understand, and appreciate the much time and effort put into their apps) But if their product is WAY OVER PRICED and does not work properly, then they should be the ones paying! Paying back out to the customers who have supported them, NOT CHARGING ABSURD PRICES FOR SHITE THAT DOESNT WORK!

We need to show RIP-DEV and his team that we don't need him or his apps. He has forgotten what the whole purpose of the Iphone and the iphone jailbreak community is about.

I am asking anyone who has bought one of RIP-DEV's products to just reply with their name on this thread to show him how many customers he has F*ck*d over. I'll be the first......

Mr.Blader was screwed by rip-dev!
    Last edited by mrblader; 2008-08-27 at 05:07 PM.

I agree with everyone. Rip dev sux and Installer SUX big time, stop installing it as it is useless everything you need is on CYDIA and Stable and Nice looking easy interface.

Bycote Installer and thier Team

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

^ cydia ftw!!!
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sirius389's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nycdiplomat View Post
    ^ cydia ftw!!!
    Agreed! I removed installer the day after i had it on my iPhone, its so crappy.
    -Nicole

iPhone? More like MyPhone itsjustlenny's Avatar
    Thanks

cydia has come a long way, and its not done! it just keeps getting better and better. and everyday i find myself using it more and more. keep up the good work saurik!!!!

5 icon dock on cydia now, compliments of Jay Freeman!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    R.I.P RIPdev

haha true^^
    Installer = POS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast