Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: the real reason why rip dev wont let us use winterboard

agreed...i used poof to hide the installer app cause its crap...although pre 2.0 that was the way to go, jay has dominated post 2.0 and i only use cydia and somone who is good with software see it has a much more stable platform and program, he's up to it with updates and moving with the trends, and not charging people for it! or blocking people for that matter, i am now in the process of re-pwn'n to change my boot logo!!! and DELETE installer all together!.....start the march ya'll we don't need that crap from them

Installer isn't "that" bad. One thing it does that is very nice is queuing up installs. I wish Cydia did that.

However I also like Cydia better... but wish it didn't have issues with locking up 2.x...! I'm sure Saurik will get it figured out.

That said, RIPDev guys are out of their ******* minds.

I don't mind paying for apps, I am more than happy to support developers for quality work. But these guys won't get a penny from me, ever, because 1) they've shown their true colors AND 2) there will always be developers like Saurik who build for the fun and are infinitely more deserving of the financial support.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I am so glad people are seeing the light. Growing more faint are those memories of just weeks ago when the initial jailbreak for 2.0 was out, and WHAT!!!, no installer, only cydia? The hate posts for cydia had begun, and the love fest for the long lost installer was afoot. Cough! Cough! Looks like the tides have turned my friend and installer is not that great app that it once was, cydia has grown up to become not only more functional, more stable, but also is being developed by someone with much much more integrity. Good on you saurik and shame on you RipDev. And yes, I too was screwed by ripdev, so add my name to the list!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dr33Rocks For This Useful Post:

innovaciones (2008-09-02)

well guys i am also from those who have been ripped from RIP DEV.

i have paid for unlimited and install kate but with some major problems in 1.1.4 restore
    my iphone and install my apps which i like most and also kate
    but when i give my activation key it was showed expired activation i contact rip dev
    reply back with "MAKE ANOTHER ORDER" but i never order again and email them to refund 50% but no reply.

guys RIP the RIP DEV.

fukh fukh fukh fukh fukh it and make RIP DEV GAY :P
    Core To Quad 6600 2.4 Ghz(4x2 MB cache), 1x4 GB RAM(888 MHz)
    Nvidia 512 MB (256 Bit) 7950 GT Graphics Card
    Wireless Mouse,Keyboard,HeadPhone,Wireless BroadBand
    HP W2408 Vivid Color 24" Widescreen Flat LCD Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by dr33Rocks View Post
    I am so glad people are seeing the light. Growing more faint are those memories of just weeks ago when the initial jailbreak for 2.0 was out, and WHAT!!!, no installer, only cydia? The hate posts for cydia had begun, and the love fest for the long lost installer was afoot. Cough! Cough! Looks like the tides have turned my friend and installer is not that great app that it once was, cydia has grown up to become not only more functional, more stable, but also is being developed by someone with much much more integrity. Good on you saurik and shame on you RipDev. And yes, I too was screwed by ripdev, so add my name to the list!!
    The hate posts were with good reason. "corrupted" phones is are not a good thing and so far it all pointed to Cydia. At least it looks like that problem is solved now in the latest release (crosses fingers).

As for Saurik I think he's done a fantastic job with Cydia and all the rest of his apps, including his support of app distribution itself. We should all take the time to shoot him a quick donation for his time and trouble to show our appreciation and to help blunt the edge off some of the more difficult times (ie bugs).

I didnt even bother adding Installer to my custom 2.0.2 firmware.

RIP Installer.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Sometimes you buy into the hype but I find it amusing that Cydia has NES, gpSPhone, and two others while Installer shows 2 games which both are sold by ripDev. Sad to see something like installer go to people with business interest in the app which is killing the community it carried.

+1 to Cydia.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ale_lock For This Useful Post:

dale1v (2008-09-02)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Winterboard = FREE / Kate $45
    PYSL = FREE privacy program
    Intelliscreen pwns uCalendar
    Smartdialer = who uses this??!!
    Winterboard pwns Facelift

The ONLY feature we don't have a free option for yet is changing system fonts and this is NOT worth $45!

we can change the fonts manually....
    .... and i can use 45$ to replace the broken headset with mic.
    after recieving so many free apps from Cydia, one should do 'small-homeworks' time after time....
    it keeps us in good shape!

Honestly, I was excited to see Installer 4. Even with all of the problems through beta, I still wanted to give it a shot, but seeing how not only does he charge out the arse for this stuff, he also is ripping a few people off by not returning emails. Enough RipDev, Cydia, Cycorder, Winterboard etc. FTW. I think I am about to jailbreak my phone!!

Rip-Dev is horrible. I decided to uninstall Kate *which I have aready paid my $45 for) and it rearranged AND reset my entire phone icons AND my lockscreen time! I have since removed Installer, use only Winterboard for my themes and I still have my great 5 dock icons!

Hey guys, I actually use the Kate software and I like it, Also there are a few apps that are on the installer app that arent on the cydia. Maybe I use my phone a little diffrently than u guys but, for looks I like looking at the wallpapers instead of the themes. I used Customize to get the see through icons and everything else as far as looks has been good for me. I find it useful that Kate has put all of the other (pysl and winterboard) apps that we'd normally use into one app. I dont think that either are really bad as you guys are making it out to be, But those are just my thoughts.
    The Best There Is...
    The Best There Was....
    And The Best There Ever Will Be.....

but wait.... I like Kate. :-).

she can get it!!!! :-P
    Last edited by BenzoHartt; 2008-09-18 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

I never bought Kate but I installed in once on 1.1.4... After I installed it my phone basically locked up... I email them with a list of programs I had installed (the list was pretty long)... We had a convo back if forth and they basically said that Kate wasn't compatible with only all of my apps... That was the end of that and had to restore my whole phone... When WinPWN comes out I will not be adding Installer... The one thing that I do like about installer that someone mentioned is that you a queue programs... For someone who has to restore, installing 20+ apps is kind of a pain 1 at a time, but o well Cydia ROCKS!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    Uninstalling Installer.....now.

And a big **** off to you good sirs at RIPdev!
    How to uninstall installer without a restore?
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post

Installer 5! The app you've (not really) been waiting for! Amazing new features!
    Search, Crash to SpringBoard, and Reboot Loop; all built in!

Just $45.
    (a month)
    hahahhahaha. very well done. the "45 dollars a month" bit made it twice as funny. gg my man.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rasbill View Post
    my suggestion is, (which isnt the just click of a button im sure) the maker of winterboard find a way for a 5 icon dock, find a way to change fonts, and give labels to the fonts for springboard, making kate obsolete and we can all be happy (show them whos boss saurik, dont let them decide who can and cant use your program)
    Except to quote Saurik (and this is laughable) "Winterboard is about themeing, not functionality". If Winterboard actually provided the same options as Summerboard did, we might get somewhere, but I don't think he has any plans on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Winterboard = FREE / Kate $45
    PYSL = FREE privacy program
    Intelliscreen pwns uCalendar
    Smartdialer = who uses this??!!
    Winterboard pwns Facelift

The ONLY feature we don't have a free option for yet is changing system fonts and this is NOT worth $45!
    Do we have wallpaper dimming? Removal of last icon row on first page?
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2008-09-19 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Thanks

man - rewind to 2.0 release, then jailbreak, even at 2.0.2, people from 1.x still screaming for their precious Installer back. Now people proclaiming their love for Cydia and saurik.

this thread actually made me lol
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by santiagodraco View Post
    installer isn't "that" bad.
    wake up it is too! It sucks bad!
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

Kate is not horrible at all. In fact, if you apply the same theme with Kate and Winterboard, you will notice a very big difference in system speed. Kate doesn't slow down the phone or the applications, where Winterboard does and a lot too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast