Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Kate --- buyer beware!!!

I just emailed RipDev to send me Kate v 2.0b4 or send me a refund. I also told them if they don't send me either, I'll file a chargeback with my credit card. =)

I doubt they'll send me v 2.0b4 but if they do i'll def post here for the rest of us!

Below is a statement I received from RipDev regarding the above email I sent them. Looks like they're doing the right thing and making the Facelift feature compatible with Winterboard again on their next update. I guess we're going to have to wait and see if they do!

"Hello,

Sorry, for discomfort. Next release will be fully compatible with WinterBoard and no more conflicts at feature. But if you're really want refund, just write information about your payment to [email protected]. About old version write to [email protected]"
    Last edited by johnny69blaze; 2008-08-26 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following User Says Thank You to johnny69blaze For This Useful Post:

dr33Rocks (2008-08-26)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

people have been complaining about Caterpillar since it's inception......yet they pay $45 for it anyway.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Caterpillar/Kate has worked great for me since the day I bought it back in the 1.1.x days. Have not had a single problem and have never had to restore my iPhone (first gen nor 3G) because of it.

Maybe I'm lucky? I don't know. All I know is that it works great and use it daily for themes, fonts, etc.

It is strange that something like and iPhone, that should be very similar from one unit to the other out of the box can have so many different issues from one to the other when modifying it. Seems like you can take 100 users all with the same unit, all do the exact same things in the same order and some will have issues whereas others will not.

I have never bricked a phone or had any major issues at all and when I got my iPhone I was quite the newbie. I just stumbled across this site and went from there. Just read and research before you do ANYTHING.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperextension View Post
    Caterpillar/Kate has worked great for me since the day I bought it back in the 1.1.x days. Have not had a single problem and have never had to restore my iPhone (first gen nor 3G) because of it.

Maybe I'm lucky? I don't know. All I know is that it works great and use it daily for themes, fonts, etc.

It is strange that something like and iPhone, that should be very similar from one unit to the other out of the box can have so many different issues from one to the other when modifying it. Seems like you can take 100 users all with the same unit, all do the exact same things in the same order and some will have issues whereas others will not.

I have never bricked a phone or had any major issues at all and when I got my iPhone I was quite the newbie. I just stumbled across this site and went from there. Just read and research before you do ANYTHING.
    According to your device information, you are still running 1.1.3 firmware. This post is for those running 2.0+ firmware and who are having problems with the fact that Ripdev decided to update kate with a new version that locks you out of using the 'facelift' feature if you also have winterboard installed. This is not a random thing, RipDev has admitted they have done this. I too have been running kate/caterpillar since it's inception and this is the first time it has given me a problem, so again, its the DEVELOPERS fault and not some random issue. So before you go on a rant about how you "have never bricked a phone or had any major issues" maybe you take your own advice and "read" the original post before you add your opinion.
    Last edited by dr33Rocks; 2008-08-26 at 11:22 PM.

anyone know how to uninstall installer app. I removed it from the Applications folder but was wondering if it has peaces in other places?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fomoco460 View Post
    anyone know how to uninstall installer app. I removed it from the Applications folder but was wondering if it has peaces in other places?
    I'd also would like for an uninstall method, granted that I can just recompile another ipsw file without it but prefer to just uninstall if there is a method.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12