Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tap to Unlock!

Default Tap to Unlock!
    Hi,

I am wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to have an invisible "Tap to unlock" on the lockscreen....

I had downloaded it from customize on my 1.1.4 FW but now that I updated to 2.o, I cant seem to find one that works.

any knowledge or help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: forgot to add.... I have tried searching through "all themes" in customize and applied "transparent" and "transparenttap" (which even says was ported to 2.o) but still does not seem to work.... Is this possible with the new 2.o?????
    Last edited by mrblader; 2008-08-22 at 08:29 PM.

This is very easy to do. The trick is to increase the width of the "slide to unlock" button so that it has no place to slide. Once it's that size, a simple tap will work. It's also possible to use smaller widths to make it so the slider doesn't have to travel nearly as far. If you make both the button and background transparent, they'll still work, but they'll be invisible. The paths are:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework/bottombarbkgndlock.png

and

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework/bottombarknobgray.png

You'll also need to edit the SpringBoard strings so that it doesn't put the string "slide to unlock" up.

It's located here:

/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj/SpringBoard.strings

Here's the art I'm using, which results in the screen saying "tap to unlock". If you want it to have no text, just use the bottombarbkgndlock.png for the bottombarknobgray.png as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -lockscreenpic.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveiPhone For This Useful Post:

mrblader (2008-08-27)

How would it work if I used those transparent pictures, but for the text just edited the system string using Customize?

Just fine, if you edited the "slide to unlock" text out completely or replaced it with a space, but you can't enter something like "tap to unlock" because the system uses the button size to determine the text placement.

Hi Dave,

is there a way i can move the mainslider to somewhere to middle? or can i have the entirescreen / part of screen as touch to unlock???

or can you write / guide me to proper steps to have a Tap to Unlock

Please
    Last edited by lakkiroy; 2008-09-25 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

i saw a package in cydia just like this that is available to work through winterboard, it replaces the slide to unlock, power down, and answer buttons. its on bigbosses repo and its called "tap to unlock sliders"
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

is there a way to keep the slide function to unlock the phone, but have it transparent?

Basically I want to remove the text, icon and background, but still have to slide my finger to unlock the phone instead of just tapping.