Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with NES games...

Default Help with NES games...
    I just downloaded the .rar files A-Z of the NES games, but how do I get them onto my iphone? Do I have to install a certain program to get them on there, or can I drag n drop them through itunes?
    Also, I have already downloaded the NES emulator from the InstallApp application.

any help is appreciated

Default Nes
    Open up /var/root/media ( im sure this is the path)and add a new folder called ROMs then within that open another folder called NES and place the de-compressed files into that. If on windows use something line CuteFTP to place the ROMs.

Remember that ROMs must be written exactly like i have with the first 3 letters in caps and the last in lower case.

Quote Originally Posted by markyboy1967 View Post
    Open up /var/root/media ( im sure this is the path)and add a new folder called ROMs then within that open another folder called NES and place the de-compressed files into that. If on windows use something line CutFTP to place the ROMs.

Remember that ROMs must be written exactly like i have with the first 3 letters in caps and the last in lower case.
    where do i open that though? i am pretty new to macs -- can you help me please?

1.. install BSD subsystem
    (from list of apps available from Installer)

2. install OpenSSH
    (from list of apps available from Installer)

3. Get a SFTP program to SSH to your iphone from your computer
    (If using a MAC try FuGu or Transmit.)
    http://www.versiontracker.com/php/qs...=all&submit=Go

4. SFTP settings: Server will be your IP address of your iphone, User = root, password = dottie or alpine.
    (get your iphones IP address from Settings->Wifi->click the arrow next to the wifi network you are connected to. you'll then see your IP address)

5 var/root/media/ROMs/NES , You may need to create the ROMs and/or NES folders. This is the directory you'll place your NES ROMs.

ok, I've got that down -- and I created the folders and downloaded the programs and then restarted the phone... and they arent there... whats going on...they are .rar files and I believe I have to extract them.... but what program do I use for that?
    Last edited by Drewsive; 2008-02-06 at 05:23 PM.

I like to use Zipeg. Find it Here
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2008-02-06 at 05:30 PM.

are they .smc files? they show in cyberduck -- and I can open the NES application -- but nothing is there

NES ROMs are .nes files

nvmd....the site i was getting them from were wrong.. thanks so much! i really appreciate it

No worries Welcome to MMI

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

Drewsive (2008-02-06)

what other programs and such do you recommend?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drewsive View Post
    ok, I've got that down -- and I created the folders and downloaded the programs and then restarted the phone... and they arent there... whats going on...they are .rar files and I believe I have to extract them.... but what program do I use for that?
    a .rar file is a type of compressed file. It is similar to a .zip file. You can use winrar to unrar them, also you could use winzip.

Once you extract the files then you typically have two files, a readme.txt and ROMNAME.nes. You only put the .nes file onto your phone.

you can also use ibrikr if your having trouble loading the file onto the phone. You just create your folders and load it into the right directory.