Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Completely Disable Sound

Default Completely Disable Sound
    I searched and found that a program called "Erica's somethign" and UIgtl or something used to have a single line to disable/enable all sounds on the iphone. i desperately need this option! this is like i'm back to the symbian days!

Does anybody know of a program/easy way to disable all sounds so that nothing will make a noise?

Thanks!

EDIT: I just found Erica's program on Cydia. Will try it really quick. Erica doesn't seem to work for me. Am i doing something wrong? Can't get it to isntall, but when i view her updated web site http://ericasadun.com/ftp/EricaUtilities/ it doesn't look like turning off all sound is an option on her newest version anyway. Any ideas?

Thanks again!
    Last edited by alaiwy; 2008-08-18 at 03:30 PM.

Thanks

wait....whats the difference between this and the silent switch?

The silent switch turns off the Ringer and a few other phone sounds. But if I'm in a meeting and I want to start a game of Scrabble I don't want to have to worry about the phone making sounds if I forgot to disable the sounds on the game.

Thus far, I haven't found a way to make the iPhone COMPLETELY silent, where, regardless of settings, nothing will come out of the speaker.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alaiwy View Post
    I searched and found that a program called "Erica's somethign" and UIgtl or something used to have a single line to disable/enable all sounds on the iphone. i desperately need this option! this is like i'm back to the symbian days!

Does anybody know of a program/easy way to disable all sounds so that nothing will make a noise?

Thanks!

EDIT: I just found Erica's program on Cydia. Will try it really quick. Erica doesn't seem to work for me. Am i doing something wrong? Can't get it to isntall, but when i view her updated web site Index of /ftp/EricaUtilities it doesn't look like turning off all sound is an option on her newest version anyway. Any ideas?

Thanks again!
    just goto settings, then sounds, turn the volume all the way down and turn off all the options.

you then will have a phone that only vibrates.

Quote Originally Posted by opusandbill View Post
    just goto settings, then sounds, turn the volume all the way down and turn off all the options.

you then will have a phone that only vibrates.
    This not convenient al all and i don't think it works for alarms. Does anyone know a tweak for toggling between sound and no sound without changing the iPhone's individual sound settings? Several times I was in a movie theater (or any other place where sound is undesirable) and wanted to make sure no sound would come up (even alarms) while i was in the there. As soon as I left the theater I want all my sound to be back with all my original settings.