Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: dock (sunburst) on Cydia?

Default dock (sunburst) on Cydia?
    i've searched what feels like the entire www and can't find anything about, what was called Dock on Installer. it's that sunburst thing that was in the bottom right corner and it would fan out all your apps. it allowed me to go from one app to another w/o hitting the home button everytime. anyone know if it's on Cydia for 2.0.1?????

It is not on cydia, hopefully soon as I loved this app.

This or categories pretty much completes the look of my phone, I hope they port one of these two soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mike1114 View Post
    It is not on cydia, hopefully soon as I loved this app.

This or categories pretty much completes the look of my phone, I hope they port one of these two soon.
    Judging by the fact that Nate True hasn't even ported his version of NES (which was much better than the new version released by the original developer, imo), I doubt he'll port Dock sooner than BigBoss ports Categories.

Sunburst is cool... super sweet but extremely retarded because you can't use it if you have a case on your phone. Pretty moronic if you ask me.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Dock is a very useful and neat program, but a very NASTY program. It conflicts with customize, RSBT, stacks, and other programs that use the same resource. It's caused more trouble than good in it's day. I loved it, but it just didn't jive with other programs well so I dumped it after the 1.0.2 days. (after trying it once on 1.1.3 and having to do a restore because "stacks" + "dock" = you're boned.
    Last edited by one1; 2008-08-17 at 03:27 AM.

A quote from his site.

"- Doesn't support people who hide their iPhone's natural beauty with cases"

My friend wouldn't keep a case on his phone cause he wanted to be cool with the starburst app. One day his phone slipped from his hand... no more phone.

I told him.... should have had a case instead.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

best skin ever = never slip + clear jacket for all to see.

I had Dock on mine w 1.1.4 & didn't have any problems w other apps. However I didn't have "stacks". I loved that app so I hope it happens. If not, what else can I watch 4 to b ported that will let me change apps w/o hitting the home button to get to each app?
    Last edited by bmx1; 2008-08-17 at 07:30 AM.

please port Dock for the 2.0.1. like mike said this cleans up my phone like crazy

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kmitch For This Useful Post:

ProjectGSX (2008-08-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Kmitch View Post
    please port Dock for the 2.0.1. like mike said this cleans up my phone like crazy
    Who are you talking to? I don't think Nate True even comes to this forum; he's the one you should be asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kmitch View Post
    Definitely. Id love to see this app on 2.0.1

somebody has got to know somebody, that knows someone that can get this done

Its done and on cydia

16. The Following User Says Thank You to pjw For This Useful Post:

stadler (2008-08-20)

and thats why we asked HAHAHAHA

THANKS

Haha oh wow I was looking for the classic Dock w/ the halo like ring of icons when expanded, but I ran across this earlier today thinking it was an imitation of the original Dock and scrapped it...I'll give this one another try, thanks for the good work Nate.

Thanks

his app looks great but it doesn't seem to get along with Poof. If I hide the apps the don't show up in dock either. Sort of defeats the purpose for me.

wow looks great. thanks for getting it done. i've been putting apps in catagories for about 10 min now. seems to work great so far.

This version of dock sucks bad.

I want the real dock, sunburst from the corner, not this categories crap. Works slow, just sucks.