Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Summerboard/Springboard App Limit?

I crashed my SB by add more app to /Widgets dir!
    It's counted as 1 more app in /Applications!

This issue has existed since 1.1.1 at least. Summerboard fixed it for 1.1.1 and 1.1.2. Nullriver said they'd debug it and add the fix in for summerboard for 1.1.3/4 so hopefully that will happen soon.

In the meantime, the problem occurs with anything that springboard parses. Yes, this includes anything in /Applications, /Widgets, and yes it also includes webclips (someone said it didnt, it does). Hiding icons with poof or moving them to categories won't solve it either. The only way to have an app not count is to move it out of the parse for springboard therefore being unable to be lauched using the bundle identifier.

I had something sort of working for categories to solve this but it only worked for about 75% of the apps out and it wasnt very elegant. Since Nullriver said they'd look at it, I dropped it. If Nullriver doesn't come through soon I may revisit it.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

Interesting..... in that case...... I have about 85 applications... if you include /Widgets and Webclips....
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!

For WebClips, I can add many of them but I can't install anymore app to /Applications or /Widgets!
    Thinking of launching the new app from other locations /var/root/MyApps for example (by Finder?! may be)
    Actually, we can launch an app from vt-100 terminal!
    Last edited by chingo; 2008-03-01 at 05:10 PM.

Launching from terminal means that certain aspects of an app won't work...e.g. accelerometers (at least for programs using the standard method of accelerometer input).

Launching from terminal means that certain aspects of an app won't work...e.g. accelerometers (at least for programs using the standard method of accelerometer input).
    And Home button.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

BUMP!!!

Same problem in 1.1.4!!!

i also had the same problem in 1.1.3... ARGGHH!!?

Will deleting summerboard fix the problem ``?

edit: deleting summerboard doesn't fix the problem :-/....
    Last edited by Turanli; 2008-03-02 at 11:37 AM.

Default thanks to this thread
    thanks to this thread I don't have to restore. I'm having the same problem and could not figure out what was wrong. I was going to restore this afternoon. I'll make sure I let you all know if I hear of a fix.
    iPhone 3GS, 32GB, 4.0, AT&T
    iPad 3G, 16GB, 3.2, jailbroken

thanks for sharing the same problem. am on 1.1.3, jb and unlock using ziphone. can only install 78 apps. iphone will freeze at the 79th app. at first i thought it was a diskspace problem that BossTool has created... glad that I find out from this thread that many others have same issue, else i would wrongly blame BigBoss

Got the same problem.
    Summerboard has been upgraded to the 3.1.2 version.
    Hope this will fix the problem, i'll try to install more than 80 Applications and i'll see if the precious freeze or not

Quote Originally Posted by jujuspi View Post
    Got the same problem.
    Summerboard has been upgraded to the 3.1.2 version.
    Hope this will fix the problem, i'll try to install more than 80 Applications and i'll see if the precious freeze or not
    Nope it doesn't. I just froze mine and it really sucks. I'm nearing the point where I just want to go back to 1.1.2 to have all my apps again, even though I love the new features of 1.1.3. Typing is annoying without the multitouch ability.

Sigh, such a shame.

Maybe the next update...
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!

Quote Originally Posted by flopethedope View Post
    Nope it doesn't. I just froze mine and it really sucks. I'm nearing the point where I just want to go back to 1.1.2 to have all my apps again, even though I love the new features of 1.1.3. Typing is annoying without the multitouch ability.
    Yes me too

Default wrote an article about this on my site
    I wrote an article about this on our site to get the word out. Here's a link:

http://www.appleiphoneschool.com/200...ication-limit/

Awesome! More people who know about it, the better. On 1.1.2, I thought I didn't need Summerboard, but didn't realize until I got to 1.1.3 that it kept on crashing at 78-80 apps.

So more people who know, less people will fall in the same fate as us (I had to restore)

Let's get the word out! Digg it! http://digg.com/apple/The_Infamous_iPhone_80_App_Limit

YAYYAYYAY! New Summerboard (3.2, I think) that I just installed fixed it!

I now have 79 apps in /Applications.
    Last edited by ksong12; 2008-03-03 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

SummerBoard 3.1-2 didn't fix this!
    I cant install more than 73 apps + 5 Categories

No, but Summerboard 3.2 did. Read my post carefully ;-)

That came out less than a day after 3.1-2. Refresh your sources and try again. I now have about 90 applications!

Default Yay for 3.2
    Yes, 3.2 does fix this problem. That is awesome!

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

what source are you finding a new Summerboard on? I don't see any update in my Installer for it.

edit - nevermind, found it in the System tab in Installer. For anyone else who installed the previously "fixed" 1.1.4 version of Summerboard, note that the new version of SM - 3.2 - will NOT show up in the Update tab. You must install it as if it was a brand new app. You can install it right over your old version without any problem.
    Last edited by tsatryan; 2008-03-03 at 03:13 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone aemreunal's Avatar
    Thanks

This is one of te shittyest things in 1.1.3, it ain't about any app you install or gets installed, it's about the firmware 1.1.3 itself, it has an 80 app limit, 79 works fine, 80 fucks it up.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast