Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Summerboard/Springboard App Limit?

Angry Limit App 1.1.3
    Yeah, I have the same problem and how I don't know this I downgrade to 1.1.1 and upgrade to 1.1.3 in 4 times.
    It is a big problem to fix.

Someone try with iphone jailbreak ziphone?

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psicose View Post
    Someone try with iphone jailbreak ziphone?
    This thread has nothing at all to do with unlocking any iPhone. It is regarding jailbreaking. Hopefully you know the difference between the two. Ziphone is an unlocking software, not jailbreaking.

Jailbreak do not have relations with the problem, what the problem wich icon limit in springboard.app?
    Last edited by psicose; 2008-02-12 at 08:12 PM.

Thanks

1 - my apologies, in looking at the actual website for ziphone (not the endgadget report) it appears that ziphone is a tool that jailbreaks and also unlocks. My bad.
    2 - I don't believe that the problem this thread is about - an application limit in Summerboard - has anything at all to do with either unlocking an iPhone, or how you jailbreak it. The problem is in Summerboard. The problem is that Summerboard will crash if you attempt to install more than 80 applications (sometimes only 79 applications.)
    3 - I realize that this forum has many participants for whom English is not their first language. But, understanding posts that contain impossible grammer and words with ambiguous meaning is nearly impossible, and leads to confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by grado33 View Post
    Yeah, I have the same problem and how I don't know this I downgrade to 1.1.1 and upgrade to 1.1.3 in 4 times.
    It is a big problem to fix.
    Hello,
    You donīt need restore your iphone. The only you have to do is delete some aplications using iphone browser, ie. I did using this tool, deleted 2 application , one was skiby and skipe , then I reboot my iphone , finished uninstall those apps from instaler , reboot and everything worked fine.

This appears to be a problem in Springboard that the 1.1.3 Summerboard does not fix or bypass.

Same thing happened on 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 WITHOUT summerboard installed, but installing Summerboard fixed it. Something changed in 1.1.3 that causes Summerboard not to fix the problem.
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!

I used ziphone to jailbreak. My limit is 77 apps. The 78th app causes the problem.

Do WebClips count?

Can someone at the limit try creating WebClips to go over and see if Apple prevents creating a WebClip at a certain number of apps?
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

Thanks

ANYTHING that gets added to /Applications counts toward that total, including any installed applications and any categories created. If you use WinSCP, open the /Applicaitions folder - see the total count. If it is under 80, you are ok. But, that is the limit. And, as sometimes noted, some folks can't go above 78 or 79. I don't see any webclips in that particular folder.
    Last edited by tsatryan; 2008-02-13 at 05:24 PM.

i too have the problem, and i find it extremely rare that no one is talking about this anywhere else

yesterday i decided to open a thread about this in another forum, and the only reply i got was "why the hell would you want 80 apps...."

(i did reply here yesterday when the forum was malfunctionin, my reply got deleted it seems )

bump.

any new info on this problem?

Mage, no, webclips do not count.

Any app files (I'm guessing .plists) that goes into Applications counts. If you delete the app files, but not the folder, problem goes away.
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!

iPhone? More like MyPhone techgirl's Avatar
    Thanks

Guys I posted this thread the other day about this... Let me know what you think.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30694

Techgirl at your service... Modding MyPhone since Day 1!

AIM: lindseycholmes
    Facebook: lindseycholmes

I've tried creating a sybolic link in the Applications folder and the actuall app being somewhere else but still no go. It seems whats happening is that as the springboard goes through all the apps in the /Applications folder it counts, when it hits 78 then it crashes. If someone can figure out why that would help

What about the "Widgets" folder? SB displays apps in both /Applications and /Widgets. Do the widget ones count toward the total?

hmm, havent tried that, but I will.

Has anyone solved this problem??!

I haven't had any apps to install yet to try out that Widgets thing, but I'll let you know.

AWESOME! Thank you so much, JLA!

I did not have a /Widgets, so I created one. I placed XLaunch and ContactFlow into it, and they work perfectly! No crash of Springboard! Thanks so much!
    Last edited by ksong12; 2008-03-01 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast