Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dialer broken, any help?

Default Dialer broken, any help?
    I searched for my similar problem and didn't really find an answer. My dialer went kaput. I can't dial anything from the dialer and i can't click the voicemail or any of the 5 icons at the bottom. After I try to click on something it will take me back to the homescreen.

These are the apps i've installed so far:

Boss Prefs
    Customize 2.0
    A couple games
    Make it Mine

I have the Rip settings in my settings menu and I'd have to assume there is something wrong with the "smart dialer" in that, but i don't really know what the issue is. I would also guess the customize has some setting that F'd it up but I'm at a loss.

Could anybody help me out here? I'd hate to have to restore my phone after i just jailbroke it last night and started figuring out which apps i want!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks

Did you try making any mods to MobilePhone.app through Customize?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Nope, but I just fixed it. For anybody else that may be having trouble with this it was Kate. I disabled the FaceLift and everything went back to normal. Not sure why that caused the problem but it fixed it.

Thanks for the response Eurisko.
    Last edited by alaiwy; 2008-08-15 at 08:01 PM.

Thanks

You didn't list that among your installed Apps, and its one of the most dangerous.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Yeah, tbh I didn't remember installing Kate. I think it came as part of a package of something I downloaded. I had never heard of Kate till i started searching these boards for an answer

Good catch alaiwy! I was getting nervous. Everything is all ok on my end now as well. Bye Bye for now Kate!