Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customize and 1.1.3 Help

iPhone? More like MyPhone DirtyDan's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Customize and 1.1.3 Help
    Okay so I installed the latest version of Customize (1.1.3) and it loads fine on my 1.1.3 jailbroken iPhone. The problem is, I can't find the "Customize" folder where I place my custom images. I checked the path that is used on 1.1.2, and it's not there. I haven't used Customize yet, so maybe I'm missing something. Any help would be much appreciated and will definitely get you a thanks!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

the folder get created when u first load customize up.... it may crash it did that to me... but i just did a softreset it was woirking .... offcourse i lost it as i had to do a restore... grrrrrrrrr

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
    Okay so I installed the latest version of Customize (1.1.3) and it loads fine on my 1.1.3 jailbroken iPhone. The problem is, I can't find the "Customize" folder where I place my custom images. I checked the path that is used on 1.1.2, and it's not there. I haven't used Customize yet, so maybe I'm missing something. Any help would be much appreciated and will definitely get you a thanks!
    Go to private/var/mobile/library

My only problem so far with 1.1.3 and Customize 1.21 is that I cant get the system sounds to work, it always goes back to default when it resets the springboard.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    Go to private/var/mobile/library
    The "Customize" Folder wasn't here either. Any ideas?

Thanks

I got this to work becasue i had the foresight to save my Customize Library folder before I upgraded. I SSH'ed it back into th ephone after installing Customize after the upgrade. You will have to reset permissions on all the files in both the Customize library AND in the files for which you want to change.

Also, if you want Customize to change thecarrier icon, the old issue of Customize assuming you are on T-mobile is still there, and you will need to edit chooserviews.plist . You need to change T-Mobile to what ever carrier you are on. Also the location of the carrier icon is different. it is in /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/ATT_US.bundle/ (if you are on ATT for example) You need to edit chooserviews.plist to reflect this location change as well.

I also had to change permissions on chooserviews.plist in order for my edits to stick.

Thanks

Sorry- server duplicated the post.
    Last edited by bhz1; 2008-02-03 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Message deleted- server casued duplicate post

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I got this to work becasue i had the foresight to save my Customize Library folder before I upgraded. I SSH'ed it back into th ephone after installing Customize after the upgrade. You will have to reset permissions on all the files in both the Customize library AND in the files for which you want to change.

Also, if you want Customize to change thecarrier icon, the old issue of Customize assuming you are on T-mobile is still there, and you will need to edit chooserviews.plist . You need to change T-Mobile to what ever carrier you are on. Also the location of the carrier icon is different. it is in /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/ATT_US.bundle/ (if you are on ATT for example) You need to edit chooserviews.plist to reflect this location change as well.

I also had to change permissions on chooserviews.plist in order for my edits to stick.
    Thanks for the info! Like I mentioned earlier I haven't used Customize before so I don't have a "Customize" folder. Would it be too much to ask if you or anyone else would upload theirs? And tell me where to put it? I use Make It Mine so my carrier says my name, I'll probably just keep using that and won't need to edit plist files.

Thanks!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

if this helps .. i just did this on a phone that never had customize installed

u relle dont need to customize folders..

uninstall the customize u have now . since its not working , . .
    uninstall any add ons

reboot the phone / install customize from installer/ u can install a image pack as well ..

Go here download the pack..

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24774

follow read me .. you should be fine...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post

Thanks for the info! Like I mentioned earlier I haven't used Customize before so I don't have a "Customize" folder. Would it be too much to ask if you or anyone else would upload theirs? And tell me where to put it? I use Make It Mine so my carrier says my name, I'll probably just keep using that and won't need to edit plist files.

Thanks!