Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 - ""Cannot connect to YouTube"/"Error playing movie"

Question 1.1.3 - ""Cannot connect to YouTube"/"Error playing movie"
    Hey all.

I did the 1.1.3 AT&T jailbreak sticked at the top of this forum (upgraded to 1.1.3, down to 1.1.1 and up to Nate True's and all worked well. Apps, maps, installer all fine. One caveat, however: YouTube seems to be skiddish.

It constantly says "Cannot connect to YouTube". When I hit OK, I find that the "Featured" YouTube list is populated and maybe 1/3 of the videos do load and play normally. the other 2/3's wind up with the error message: "Error Playing Movie". I cannot use any of the other sorting options (Most Viewed, Top Rated, etc.) or Search. I can only view some of the "Featured" videos.

I tried the 2 YouTube fixes found in Installer (i.unlock.no and some other)...and I even copied over a few SSH files to try to fix manually. None of them have resolved the issue.

Anyone have this issue or know of a solution?

im having the same issue with the official version ... ive searched but still doesnt work .

well that makes 2 of us. anyone else?

Green Apple
    Thanks

add me and that makes 3
    iPhone 8GB, Week 44, Anysim Unlocked
    FW: 1.1.1 -> Official 1.1.3 JB -> iplus 1.1.4

anyone found a solution? I tried resetting all settings. seems to have made it worse.

I found the solution in an other post by "strickly business" "install bsd 2.0
    add i.unlock.no to sources,
    the go to unlocking tools, install youtube fix from selection
    Restart your phone and everything should work from there!

hOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU!"

It worked for me :-)

I did that. It did not work for me. I redid my jailbreak with DevTeam's approach and it's all fine.

Default Umm...
    Im jailbroken using the Dev team's approach, and my youtube still says that i need to "connect to itunes..."
    i dunno whether im gonna try the "i.unlock.no and reboot" fix, but if it doesnt work, will i have to re-jailbreak? because this is a totally clean update from virgin 111 all the way to 113, unlocked 112 basebend, and it takes FOREVER!

Its important to install BSD 2.0 before you apply the fix. otherwise it will not work.

Quote Originally Posted by umlautumlaut View Post
    Im jailbroken using the Dev team's approach, and my youtube still says that i need to "connect to itunes..."
    i dunno whether im gonna try the "i.unlock.no and reboot" fix, but if it doesnt work, will i have to re-jailbreak? because this is a totally clean update from virgin 111 all the way to 113, unlocked 112 basebend, and it takes FOREVER!
    I'm in the same boat as you man, any ideas how to fix this?

And me too! Followed all the advice I found here, but no go!!