Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: great tool for people who use themes

Default great tool for people who use themes
    i just wanted to say much credit to bigboss for his tweak with 1.1.3 the Smb theme fix.. This allows u to use the old themes without any problem.. i package themes and this is a great tool and saves me lots of time.. Thanks Again and thanks mmi for alowing us to explore our great minds!!!
    JayJaythemac

Strange. I haven't had any problems using my old summerboard themes on my 1.1.3... I thought bigboss' tool was for using the old version of smb on a 1.1.3 before the new one was released.

Well old themes will install in: /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes and given that the Dev team jail break does not link the root home folder, you'll never "see" these old themes with the new SummerBoard on 1.1.3 (which looks in /var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes). So I'd guess that the BossTool fix links the two folders so that either /var/root or /var/mobile will work.

Last night STE and I repackaged all the themes we host to install to ~/Library/SummerBoard/Themes. Therefore the "SMB Theme Fix" should be unnecessary now. It doesnt hurt to have it though for those themes that were not repackaged.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.