Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipod.App says "no Content" though uploaded using iTunes

kk this wont break the phone tho right? worst case scenario i restore?
    Last edited by luiz; 2008-09-10 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Yup, worst case, iTunes will see it as a new phone.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

luiz (2008-09-10)

k will try now

iPhone? More like MyPhone marys25's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luiz View Post
    ok ill try thx

FU^% i did exactly this... no work !!!

sorry...it had worked for me so i thought it might have worked for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Well let's see, your solution takes 10 steps, mine takes 2?
    it only takes 10 steps cause I explain what and why i am doing lol
    I also try to preserve the data in the applications which you dont,
    by deauthorizing, you do exactly the same as just clicking sync applications in the applications tab and apply (though I do not have to put in my password every time) hence I use less clicks and keyboard then you

And hence your 2 steps take longer than my few

kk this wont break the phone tho right? worst case scenario i restore?
    did you make sure all the applications were removed before restarting,

i find that sometimes using whichever method (deauthorizing or mine) the applications that you downloaded through app store are not removed by deauthorizing (unsyncing) the iphone, you may therefore have to remove those manually
    Last edited by chaosmaker; 2008-09-11 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaker View Post
    it only takes 10 steps cause I explain what and why i am doing lol
    I also try to preserve the data in the applications which you dont,
    by deauthorizing, you do exactly the same as just clicking sync applications in the applications tab and apply (though I do not have to put in my password every time) hence I use less clicks and keyboard then you

And hence your 2 steps take longer than my few
    Nice speech, but if you were looking for an argument you won't get one. You asked for the difference between what you wrote and what I wrote. That was it. Have a good one.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

damn it, i tried everything... even restored!! after that it worked for like 2 minutes, one reboot and it was broken... im gonna wait for 2.1 and hope therell be a fix :/

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Nice speech, but if you were looking for an argument you won't get one. You asked for the difference between what you wrote and what I wrote. That was it. Have a good one.
    I was just pointing out the actual difference lol but anyway

damn it, i tried everything... even restored!! after that it worked for like 2 minutes, one reboot and it was broken... im gonna wait for 2.1 and hope therell be a fix :/
    So you restored and what did you do after that? Did you restore the phone from a backup within itunes? (If you did then this wont do the trick) As whatever is causing your "no content" problem is still present in the backup.
    You must therefore restore the phone and initialize it as a new phone. You MUST NOT restore from a backup
    I assume you have many contacts etc
    What I did to get around the contacts problem etc is I use an exchange server (there are enough around that you can use for free) and have your whole contact list uploaded there inlcuding your email etc, so then all I have to do is setup my iphone to use the exchange server and everything is back. With SMS you can copy the SMS.db from your phone and then just put it back and it should all be back

chaos

10. The Following User Says Thank You to chaosmaker For This Useful Post:

luiz (2008-09-12)

yea i use exchange, but there are so many settings nowadays, its too much.. im gonna try to update to 2.1 (once its unlocked), and then try with my backup...

well let me try again!
    If you restore using a backup it will never work unless maybe with a 2.0 firmware.
    There seems to be an added setting thats being stored by the backup in the later firmwares which stops you from doing the exact same thing that you are doing at the moment.
    If I was you, I would restore my phone, start it as a new phone, put most of the settings in (no apps though) make a backup and leave it like that
    then you can put your apps on, but trust me 1 reboot and all your music will dissapear!
    Then you will have to remove all the apps using itunes reboot your device and they will be back.
    So NEVER EVER restore from a backup that already conains that fault!

chaos

ok so incase anybody cares, i have updated (not restored) to 2.1, removing my apps before... now all my apps work, all my data still there, only thing is that im not jailbroken... but im happy

Yeah, v2.1 seems to fix EVERYTHING - I'm loving my iPhone once again!

wow. this is really messed up. can we get a cydia app to fix this please Dev's?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123