Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipod.App says "no Content" though uploaded using iTunes

Default Really, This Fixes It
    Ok, after what seems to be a hundred resyncs, reboots....et al I finally decided to listen to some of the other forums and (and here too) and took iTunes down to 7.7.

It worked right away. I had an app crash, cringed, looked at iPod.app and everything was still there!

I am convinced the problem is iTunes 7.7.1. I completely removed iTunes and all its files in the /Library and it works great.

Go here for the full explanation of what to do

More on iPhone app-crashing, how to downgrade iTunes

Sorry, that did not work on my iPhone.... any other suggestions?
    Last edited by dkla; 2008-09-02 at 07:23 PM. Reason: new message below

Hi guys,

I've been searching high and low for a solution to two problems I am currently experiencing with my iPhone 3G that has been jailbroken using Quickpwn last week. It's running on 2.0.2.

I had no problems loading "cracked" apps via double-clicking on the .ipa files from Windows. In fact, all those apps are working fine right at this moment. The apps that are giving me trouble are the ones downloaded for free from the Apple apps store. A few days ago, I noticed they were not opening. They would close immediately after starting. I then deleted them from my iPhone, then downloaded them again from the Apps Store app on my iPhone. That seem to have fixed the problem.

Then over the weekend, I noticed a second problem, which was my tunes & videos are not being shown in the iPod apps on the phone. They are listed as synced on iTunes and are taking up space as shown, but when I start the iPod app, it says "no content".

And to add to that problem, those apps that I managed to "fix" a few days ago are now also giving me the same problem. They won't open, even if I delete them and redownload them from the Apps store.

I finally stumbled on this thread and I was hoping it would finally solve the two problems. I followed TheGeekNextDoor's instructions on deleting the crash logs. But the problems remain--apps from Apps store not loading, and no tunes/videos in iPod.

After I delete the crash logs, do I need to re-sync to iTunes to get the two problems fixed? I am at work right now so I can't sync until tonight when I get home, but I would rest easier knowing that's the reason why the two problems still persist.

Hope someone can help me out with this.

Thanks!
    Last edited by rvs007; 2008-09-02 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeekNextDoor View Post
    I was suffering from constant App crashes and NO iPod Content! I have been healed. Let Brother Geek tell you what I did to cure my ailments...

Pop on into the /private/var/logs/CrashReporter folder with your favorite sftp client. There were two folders in there, Baseband and Panics. I removed every single file in the CrashReporter folder and all the sub-folders (I did not delete any folders). I then reset the phone.

I had already removed my music from my phone while testing other theories on this site, so I then synced my phone and my music was there. All of my apps that were failing before now worked.

I'm a happy boy. Thanks for all the posts in this forum, but they didn't solve my problem. Maybe this post will solve your problem.

Let me know how it goes for you.

iPhone? More like MyPhone marys25's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dkla View Post

I didn't remove any of that crash logs crap cause i don't know that much about the internal workings of my phone to mess with it and then find out i f'ed it up.

since most of my Appstore apps are "cracked" ones I just decided to sync my phone with itunes so that it will remove all the apps. then i restarted my phone and all my music was back. then i just synced my apps back to my phone...
    Last edited by marys25; 2008-09-02 at 08:45 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default I'm wondering now too...
    I'm now wondering if deleting the crash log did anything other than get rid of the crash that would happen everytime I connected to itunes for syncing. I did experience the problem again the other day, and simply deleting the crash logs did not work (I was NOT getting the crash during connection to itunes though). I restored and haven't had a problem yet after upgrading to 2.02 from 2.01.

Default This is STILL working for me
    If you are still having this problem you REALLY should try my solution above.
    I have had some apps crash but my iPod.app is still ticking!
    All I have had to do is reinstall the crashing app by deleting it and downloading it again.

It is really worth trying this solution. It will save you a lot of time and angst.

Another solution thay I havn't seen before is using SSH delete the folder /private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control (yes it sounds heavy...)
    Now if you connect your iPhone iTunes will ask if configure a new device, select YES (don't restore), now you will see that the space marked in orange (other) now is shorter, it's time to resync your media again.
    I think is a good solution
    Last edited by guarroman; 2008-09-04 at 04:43 PM.

Is anyone thinking that perhaps this is a problem with pwned iPhones not updating the baseband? I know everyone says "baseband only affects the actual PHONE side of things" but surely Apple updates these things for a reason? I mean at the minute, there is really no need in unlocking iPhone 3g because you MUST buy it with a contract now and to be honest I'm going to be staying with o2 after my contract runs out because the current contract is awesome! But yeah anyone agree we should get all sorts of different people's setups and see who is getting the error and who isn't?

I had the same problems as all of you have had. "No content" in the ipod.app, and my legit apps not opening, but I have found my solution. It worked for me, so hopefully it'll work for you. I downloaded "Categories", made a folder, and moved all of my cracked apps into that folder, and INSTANTLY my iPod.app worked. My legit apps still crashed, but all I had to do was reinstall them and now EVERYTHING works. Hope it works the same for some of you =)

Hi everyone,

so OK i will try to explain again. When you restart your Iphone using firmware 2.0.1 or above the phone checks your installed apps and if there is even 1 application that is cracked, it will disable the ipod controls (ie it will show no content in the ipod.app) and disable any legitimate content. THIS IS TO ANNOY THE HELL OUT OF YOU lol.

Anyway, if you have to restart your phone, for whatever reason, all you need to do is:
    1. either a or b
    1a. Backup your Apps using ssh or winscp
    1b. Backup your Apps using AppBackup (found in Cydia)
    2. all of the steps below
    2a. Connect Iphone to Computer
    2b. Go to the applications tab unlick sync applications and apply, it will probably ask you if it is ok to remove all application and application data (CLICK YES)
    2c. Once all the applications are removed unplug and restart iphone (normally) so either use bossprefs or turn off and on
    2d. Your music will now be back in Ipod.app
    2e. Connect your phone back go to applications tab click sync and apply (it hopefully should sync the applications back that you had before)
    2f. If did backup with Appbackup Restore that

And voila you have everything back to normal.

I have not tested the Categories thing yet, but that may work as well

Chaos

Thanks

There's actually quite a simple solution, and yes the problem is on Apple's end. First, you need to go into iTunes and choose from the Menu "Store -> Deauthorize Computer". Then sync the iPhone. This will remove all your Appstore apps. Once done, go back to the menu and select "Store - Authorize Computer". Then sync. Everything will be back to normal.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

marys25 (2008-09-08)

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    There's actually quite a simple solution, and yes the problem is on Apple's end. First, you need to go into iTunes and choose from the Menu "Store -> Deauthorize Computer". Then sync the iPhone. This will remove all your Appstore apps. Once done, go back to the menu and select "Store - Authorize Computer". Then sync. Everything will be back to normal.
    lol and how is this different to what I just wrote lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaker View Post
    lol and how is this different to what I just wrote lol
    Well let's see, your solution takes 10 steps, mine takes 2?

eurisko that didnt work for me

Thanks

It still says no content? Does your iTunes show all the content is there or does it say your iPhone is filled with "other"?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

luiz (2008-09-10)

nono it shows taht its on... i tried that (deauthorizing, syncing and reauthorizing) and removing and readding all music, nothing.. no content and apps still crashing

iPhone? More like MyPhone marys25's Avatar
    Thanks

did you reboot your phone before reauthorizing?? cause you need to do that...thats how it worked for me...

deauthorizing> remove sync> reboot> reauthorize> resync apps

you might get an error message saying something like "itunes does not recognize file" when you resync..but its OK..its will still put your apps on your phone...just press ok when it does that.
    Last edited by marys25; 2008-09-10 at 05:29 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to marys25 For This Useful Post:

luiz (2008-09-10)

ok ill try thx

Quote Originally Posted by marys25 View Post
    did you reboot your phone before reauthorizing?? cause you need to do that...thats how it worked for me...

deauthorizing> remove sync> reboot> reauthorize> resync apps

you might get an error message saying something like "itunes does not recognize file" when you resync..but its OK..its will still put your apps on your phone...just press ok when it does that.
    FU^% i did exactly this... no work !!!
    Last edited by luiz; 2008-09-10 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I don't know what this may do to a working iPhone, but you have nothing to lose. Since you have a Mac, go to ~/Library/Lockdown and move its contents to the trash. Then resync your iPhone. These files carry the key-pairing and authentication information.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast